does this sound like a versatile rig?
i would probably buy the 5150 used
then buy the v32 new and replace the speaker with a vintage 30 clone

what is a good price for a 5150/6505 combo?
will this sound good with my Fender koa strat and PRS SE Custom?
Any other recommendations on amps? pretty much the budget is $1000 USD (new or used amps)
i want a really nice clean amp then also a really nice distorted amp, no less than 30 watts no louder than 80
wont the difference in wattage between your clean and OD amp be a little too different? unless you mic it up of course...idk. then again it might not. or why not just get an amp that can do both pretty well?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by deadagain6591
does this sound like a versatile rig?
i would probably buy the 5150 used
then buy the v32 new and replace the speaker with a vintage 30 clone

what is a good price for a 5150/6505 combo?
will this sound good with my Fender koa strat and PRS SE Custom?
Any other recommendations on amps? pretty much the budget is $1000 USD (new or used amps)
i want a really nice clean amp then also a really nice distorted amp, no less than 30 watts no louder than 80

i run the exact same rig dude v3 and 5150 (as well as sometimes an amazing marshall valvestate--which is better than my dsl). I run both amps together which is just insane

it pwns but dont get v30s the carvin can be brittle as can the 6505. get eminances

edit-oops i thought you said v3. the v3 will do everything with a maxon pedal just get that new ruby tubes and eminances.
Last edited by EvyDefMetal at Mar 24, 2008,
+1 to eminence
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by deadagain6591
i woulnt mind 2 heads and a single cab, but budget has to be around $1000

you need a stereo cab for that so you will be lucky
Quote by EvyDefMetal
i run the exact same rig dude v3 and 5150 (as well as sometimes an amazing marshall valvestate--which is better than my dsl). I run both amps together which is just insane

it pwns but dont get v30s the carvin can be brittle as can the 6505. get eminances

edit-oops i thought you said v3. the v3 will do everything with a maxon pedal just get that new ruby tubes and eminances.

I think he's talking about the Crate Palomino V32...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you like the sound of the 5150, Id get an ENGL Fireball. Theyre ****ing great. I have a powerball and i absolutely love it. Puts the 5150 to shame.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
i cant go with a fireball...to expencive...it goes over budget just for the head alone
i need a good clean and a good distortion both for under 1200
or how about them Bugeras. (just going off hear-say though) supposidly modeled off the 5150/6505 and they have exponentially better cleans.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
im staying away from behrenger...i just don't want to support a company that steals exact circuits from other companies
they didnt steal their circuits. behringer just used to distribute their speakers. now that they made amps, they distribute them too. the circuits yes are based off other amps, but....idk man, just giving you options. i say if you can, try one out though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by deadagain6591
i cant go with a fireball...to expencive...it goes over budget just for the head alone
i need a good clean and a good distortion both for under 1200

Fireballs used tend to go under 1k
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
well even so, i was just giving you some input. they are supposidly great amps. take the advice or leave it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by deadagain6591
berhenger stole mackies sircuits a wile back and made mixers exsactly like mackie

BUT BEHRINGER DOESNT MAKE THE AMPS! Perhaps a Mesa F30?
the F series is nice. i can vouch for that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals