I know its a very general topic but i was just trying to learn some new acoustic songs and I thought the best way of doing that would be asking your favorite acoustic songs...so please, name as many as you would like....
When The Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, that is when the world will be at peace --Jimi Hendrix

The roads of hell are paved with good intentions
Guess I better list mine as well

Simple Man - Shinedown
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
On My Own - The Used
Save Tonight
Jumper - Third Eye Blind
When The Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, that is when the world will be at peace --Jimi Hendrix

The roads of hell are paved with good intentions
it really is a pet peeve of mine when people list simple man under shinedown i guess in this thread its an opinion of who you like better but by damn i hate their version any way to each their own.

the acoustic version of neon by john mayer
My favorite always seems to be the one I'm learning.
Now it's Maggie May
Try anything by Andy Mckee. if you are well developed in acoustic guitar playing, youll find his tunes very intresting to play.
you can lsn to him on youtube
Off the top of my head..

Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away
Zeppelin - Tangerine
Hendrix - Taking Care of No Business
Slightly Stoopid - Open Road
Slightly Stoopid - Mellow Mood
Gomez - Here Comes The Breeze
Gomez - Make No Sound
Alice In Chains - Brother
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Jyscal
Try anything by Andy Mckee. if you are well developed in acoustic guitar playing, youll find his tunes very intresting to play.
you can lsn to him on youtube

Yeah man Andy McKee is a ****ing ANIMAL no one can
touch that guy lol, Don Ross is decent good.
Quote by dmiwshicldply
it really is a pet peeve of mine when people list simple man under shinedown i guess in this thread its an opinion of who you like better but by damn i hate their version any way to each their own.

the acoustic version of neon by john mayer

Simple man is a Lynyrd Skynyrd song damnit! You can't recreate a legend!
Ha, I'm a HUGE Skynyrd fan, and I agree it kills me to see Simple man-Shinedown. I have to confess though, I do Simple man (as well as wish you were here) and my voice is no Johnny Van Zant, I sound a lot more like Shindown, doesn't I'm a huge Shinedown fan, I just work with what God gave me, a voice just like every Tom Dick and Harry in the "grunge" scene.
tribute-tenacious D
road trippin' - RHCP
classico - tenacious D
and sisters by steve vai sounds nice on acoustic too
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Aside from all of the Tenacious D songs, one of my personal favorites is Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town by Pearl Jam. It's a beautiful song and very easy to play. It's one of those songs that could actually get you laid.
As many as I like??! Uh-oh... (here's just a few)

- Beetles: Golden Slumbers; Blackbird; In My Life; Norwegian Wood; Hey Jude; I'm Looking Through You (Wallflowers version is great); You've Got to Hide Your Love (Eddie Vedder version is great); Don't Let Me Down (Sterophonics version)
- Over the Hills and Far Away (zeppelin); Stairway to Heaven (yawn - but good anyway)
- Eagles: Best of My Love
- Neil Young: Old Man; Heart of Gold; The Needle and the Damage Done
- Kansas: Dust in the Wind
- Dire Straits: News; Once Upon a Time in the West
- Stones: Angie; Wild Horses
- Ray LaMontagne: Shelter
- Grateful Dead: Friend of the Devil
- Stereophonics: Since I Told You It's Over; Climbing the Wall
- Kenny Rogers: The Gambler ;-)
- Jimmie Rodgers: Hobo's Meditation (check out the Lina Rondstadt, Emmylou Harris & Dolly Parton version for modern example)
- Stevie Nicks: Landslide
- Elvin Bishop: Fooled Around and Fell in Love
- ?: Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head (Bacharach?) - for something silly & different
- Albert Hammond: It Never Rains in California
- Cat Stevens: The Wind; Trouble; Where Do The Children Play; If you Want to Sing Out, Sing Out
- Dylan: A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall; Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
- James Taylor: Something in the Way She Moves; Fire and Rain; Country Road (Denver?); You've Got a Friend; etc.
What are some pretty acoustic songs of fair difficulty (prefebly not the two hand tapping) that are in Standard E tuning I don't like having to retune.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Lots of obscure Piedmont Blues song, some incredible finger picking and great chord progressions involved. It pisses me off now though that I stopped playing Classical guitar when I was 9, my finger picking is still pretty good, but it could be so so so much better by now.
one of the most common topics iv'e seen loL but w/e... anyways look into anything acousticly from Bayside... all of it is amazing
iM Get'n that fa sho!

play acoustic, jam hard

AiM - TheCarsonCity
freebird...every rose has its thorn...patience(G'n'R) disarm smashing pumpkins. "one out of five posts has some stupid quote written here. come on kids, save it for yer myspace header"