k so my old ibanez SRX300 is having some problems out of nowhere. I plugged it in today for the first time in a few weeks, and about 2minutes after playing it started to produce crackling static whenever the strings were rung. So I'm guess it has something to do with my pickups. I replaced the pickup 9V battery and that didn't solve it. So.. I'm thinking I'm going to put new pickups in it.. Or what else could it possibly be?
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
I had a similar problem with my Ibanez SR505. It would crackle every so often and sometimes would even cut out altogether. I'm not very knowledgeable on these types of things so I just brought it to a shop. They said it was something with the input jack. Some loose wires or something. I dunno if that helps but everything is good now.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Isn't it possible that it is your cable? Or your amp perhaps? All I'm saying is that run a few tests to make sure its the bass. You don't want to buy new pups only to find out it was your cable.
Tried 3 different cables, all of them different brand (planet waves, fender, and some cheap brand). It's not my amp because my fender jazz has no problems.

I'm thinking it might be loose wiring inside the bass..
Gear:

Basses:
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Effects:
opened up the back panel, looked like there was no loose connections.. ugh.. Oh and i'm pretty sure it's not my input jack because it's on there pretty tight

EDIT: i reopened the panel and tightened everything that looked tightenable.. this fixed it.. but i'm probably gonna end up getting new pups anyways because i'm turning it into a fretless soon.

So what humbuckers are awesome?
Gear:

Basses:
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Effects:
Last edited by -zj* at Mar 24, 2008,