Page 1 of 2
I feel I have been brainwashed by the media. It is like everytime there is a school shooting. "Shooting at xschool, 3 dead, etc, etc, etc." "Crane falls, 2 dead." "Boat crashes, 4 dead." It just doesn't even affect me anymore at all, I just skip it all and continue reading the rest of the news. I don't understand how it qualifies as NEWS. Especially on a national level. Seriously does the entire U.S. need to know about this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/24/national/main3962486.shtml

It is just getting ridiculous. Like the case with the Marine, OMG we know someone died, we have heard it 10 billion times everyday, constantly shoved in our face. When you have 6 billion people, there is going to be murder, accidents, and last but least death, why can't people understand this?? I understand that it is hard for the families and the local communities, but seriously 4 people dying in the Brazil affects literally no one here in America.
i think you have no sympathy. i agree yes the news is filled with stories of death. but those people lost their lives, i think your just being a prick
Because it's news, and people should be informed.

Why don't we go back to seeing how many mexicans vote for Hillary?
Sent from my iPad.
But what if John Petrucci died?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by mc910
i think you have no sympathy. i agree yes the news is filled with stories of death. but those people lost their lives, i think your just being a prick

Proof please. Trust me, I am sad when people die, I know people lost their lives. It does not change the fact that their deaths, whether it be homicidal, suicidal, natural, or accidentally, are THAT significant to try to let EVERYONE on Earth be informed of their deaths.
because theyve discovered that sex, and negativity sells

but seeing as america has such a problem with anything sexual, the news goes with negativity

u are absolutly right TS
Quote by Steve The Plank
Woo, someone's a bigger asshole than me.

hey, one had to come along eventually, it was just a matter of time. your still my favorite asshole though

and TS....I find it frightening that the loss of human life doesn't phase you...

you have no heart. work for the government, you'll fit in.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by Xiaoxi

Um, if it didn't make the news, to be honest, I probably wouldn't care. I could care less how many people know that my favorite guitarist died, as long as I know. I probably wouldn't cry, I would just be like "Damn." Seriously, I don't even know the man.
I half agree with this thread starter

With the way that the news is, you will be lucky to see a story that doesn't involve Death

Everytime the news is on, Death, Death, Death, Megadeth, Death, Death, Death, Iraq, Bombs, Death, Tunnel Fire, Death, Suicide, Deth Is Not A Word, Death, Death, I Should Stop saying Death, Death, Death, DEATH!

Why can't they put on other stuff instead of people dying all the time, of course it's sad but it is getting over the top now
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Last edited by Dimster Ds at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by NutZz?
hey, one had to come along eventually, it was just a matter of time. your still my favorite asshole though

and TS....I find it frightening that the loss of human life doesn't phase you...

you have no heart. work for the government, you'll fit in.

I have said this twice and yet you still carry on. It DOES phase me. But we have been brainwashed by it so much, it is just like daily news, 2 people died, next.

My dad is in the army and he even whines about this stuff. When there is war, there will be death, "2 shot in Iraq today." I would already know that, even if I didn't have the news. I don't need someone telling me that people are being killed 24/7. I already know.
From as unbiased an opinion I can manage I find that the Canadian news focuses much less on death, killings, rape (tragedies and whatnot) than American news. I caught some news from Buffalo while at my grandparents house the other week and no word of a lie here's what happened

Reporter "Well Jim why don't you ask the clerk to show us where he'd been shot

*cashier of store shows bloody bullet wound*

Reporter "Now that shot may have been a little graphic so you may not have wanted your children to watch that"
Quote by Dimster Ds
I half agree with this thread starter

With the way that the news is, you will be lucky to see a story that doesn't involve Death

Everytime the news is on, Death, Death, Death, Megadeth, Death, Death, Death, Iraq, Bombs, Death, Tunnel Fire, Death, Suicide, Deth Is Not A Word, Death

Why can't they put on other stuff instead of people dying all the time, of course it's sad but it is getting over the top now

completely false, ull hear happier things like....disease.....cures taht are years away for disease.......a new disease.......all of which just leads to, more death
For the mortgage.

News Companies, especially writers and reporters working for those news companies, need money just like everyone else in order to survive. Thus, they jump on any little thing that comes anywhere close to half way interesting and write about it so that they can get paid. Frankly, i don't mind skipping through a couple murder stories so that some news writer's children can eat tonight.

It's disturbing that the loss of life doesn't affect you at all, but I can also see what you mean. There's so much death in the world its impossible to mourn for each individual, especially when you didn't even know who it was..
i think the same way as you
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Quote by Xiaoxi

Thats impossible. Gods cant die.

Just kidding, I like DT and John, but I certainly dont worship them. Dont think Im like TS with an obession with DT.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Is this a sign that more people die today than 20 years ago, or just tht people want to hear about death more.
Quote by DarkEra97
It's disturbing that the loss of life doesn't affect you at all, but I can also see what you mean. There's so much death in the world its impossible to mourn for each individual, especially when you didn't even know who it was..

Fail again, read my posts. This is like the 10th time now. I agree with the rest though.
Quote by gryphonguy
Thats impossible. Gods cant die.

Just kidding, I like DT and John, but I certainly dont worship them. Dont think Im like TS with an obession with DT.

I am obsessed with Dream Theater, I admit. But if all of them were killed in a plane crash, I would probably just think "Damn, that sucks, they were a great band," at best, seriously I don't even know them, have no affiliation, no business worrying about it.
Quote by DarkEra97

Why should the death of someone 7,000 miles away affect me in the slightest? Sure, sucks for the family, but I have more important things closer to home to worry about. I wouldn't expect, or probably even want, my death to be mourned by, or affect someone across the other side of the world that had nothing to do with me.
Quote by nt1440
because theyve discovered that sex, and negativity sells

but seeing as america has such a problem with anything sexual, the news goes with negativity

u are absolutly right TS

QFT.

Hooray for brainwashing through desensitization.
I agree TS, it seems that today's news is full of nothing but bad news. I wish there was a good news channel.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Headlines like these dont have much of a human feel, they're more analytical. I'm sure TS does care about peoples' deaths, but he is complaining about how impersonal the news makes it.
because no one cares about the happy news, i mean do you really want to get up in the morning and hear "John Petrucci had Pancakes this morning, he reports that they were delicious" or "Squirrel rides Jet Ski!" every day? i think not.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by paintITblack39
And if you really seem interested, get your news from www.reuters.com

Best news site ever.

can anyone tell me if this site is biased one way or the other? ive heard about it before, and i would love to get my daily news from an open source
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I have said this twice and yet you still carry on. It DOES phase me. But we have been brainwashed by it so much, it is just like daily news, 2 people died, next.

My dad is in the army and he even whines about this stuff. When there is war, there will be death, "2 shot in Iraq today." I would already know that, even if I didn't have the news. I don't need someone telling me that people are being killed 24/7. I already know.

The same dad who knowingly hires and exploits Illegal immigrants?
TS's post doesn't make him a prick. I agree with him. It's hard to sympathize with 6 billion different people, and when you neither knew nor cared about them, it really doesn't affect you much.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I am obsessed with Dream Theater, I admit. But if all of them were killed in a plane crash, I would probably just think "Damn, that sucks, they were a great band," at best, seriously I don't even know them, have no affiliation, no business worrying about it.

I would be upset. I really like those guys.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
Fail again, read my posts. This is like the 10th time now. I agree with the rest though.

Sorry, I only actually read the first couple of posts. But that's why I don't like watching the news that much unless it's local, it's almost depressing.
Quote by an epic mistake
because no one cares about the happy news, i mean do you really want to get up in the morning and hear "John Petrucci had Pancakes this morning, he reports that they were delicious" or "Squirrel rides Jet Ski!" every day? i think not.

No, don't get me wrong, the silly national news I can't stand either. "OMG check this out, a pig was found in the back of a truck and now will be send to a shelter, and then to a new home." As if its life was so much more important as to be sent to a shelter than pigs in a slaughterhouse.
What i think shouldn't qualify as news is a cell phone robbery (which made the news where i live)
sup?
This is why I get my news from Weekend Update with Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler.

Real news, big laughs.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Quote by MrGuitar123
The same dad who knowingly hires and exploits Illegal immigrants?

Did I say dad? The only person in my house that is in my house that is in the army is my mom's boyfriend since they divorced.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
No, don't get me wrong, the silly national news I can't stand either. "OMG check this out, a pig was found in the back of a truck and now will be send to a shelter, and then to a new home." As if its life was so much more important as to be sent to a shelter than pigs in a slaughterhouse.

so you want the real stuff that matters, like about the issues that go on today and stuff? no news station gives you that anymore, just dont watch the news. i dont

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by ldl67
What i think shouldn't qualify as news is a cell phone robbery (which made the news where i live)

thats called a slow news day, or if absolutly nothing happens where u live, a headliner story lol
Page 1 of 2