i've just bout figured out my new amp: no big surprise here- a Blackheart!!!

whether or not i get the combo/halfstack is still up to taste. i'm interested in knowing what territory i can get into w/ a tubescreamer?

i'd love to be able to get some metal but not really expecting it from the blackheart.

this amp should be perfect for me especially since i'll be in the dorms next year. and it'll still be loud enough for jammin to some rock n roll i hear. if i don't have cleans while jamming it wont be that much of a loss to me.

comments, suggestions, anything else?

oh yea, my styles: G N R, heavy rock/blues, AC/DC, heavy saturated leads, heavy metal.

as long as i can get a nice saturated lead tone i'll be happy.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I've been checking out some demos on youtube, they sound great! I've heard really heavy rock played.. Could be used for metal if you have the right stuff man, I'm dying to try one out.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
yea the shop has a few so i'm lookin to buy.

i'm jus wondering what it takes to get this to do metal?

it'll be wierd getting used to having one channel, but at least my OD has an EQ on it
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
The Peavey Valvekings and the 5150 series.
5150 may be big since they are stacks.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
not looking for anything that expensive right now. just want dorm room friendly and round same price.

i'm still wondering how loud it will sound cranked and what it needs to get metal?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
any ideas?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by iTzMaTT
The Peavey Valvekings and the 5150 series.
5150 may be big since they are stacks.

Lmao.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
volume wise, they arent too loud. i can turn it all the way up in my room and not flinch. you can get enough gain for metal like sabbath (off paranoid anyway) by just turning it up. add in an overdrive pedal and you should be fine for classic metal, dont know about modern stuff though. im not really into metal, so im not the best judge there. everything else it should fit nicely though. GnR, AC/DC, etc will sound nice through this amp.

as for getting used to a one channel amp, its not too bad. all you gotta do is use your volume knob. turn the amp up to where it gets the highest gain you want, then use your guitar's volume knob to roll back the gain for cleans/crunch. once the tubes are saturated you wont lose too much volume that way, so it works quite nicely.
thanx for the tip. my only concern volume wise is if it can handle band situation. not the heaviest drummer, but definitely rock n roll drummer.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
no, it wont handle a drummer. well, maybe if he was using brushes...

but really, its not going to really cut through if you are playing with a drummer/full band. it just doesnt have the volume/powerl
well i know the mini stack version is same wattage but would that one be any better?

chances are i'll still get it for the dorm room.

and when it comes to jamming time i might just have to use a different amp
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
well if you got a 2x12 or 4x12 with the head it would push more air and sound a tad louder. but realisticly, there isnt going to be a huge difference between the combo and head/cab volume wise.
when is the 30 watt blackheart supposed to come out?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i dont think there is a 30w (isnt on the blackheart site anyway). you can get either 15 or 100. and i think they come out in april sometime (so in a couple weeks).
The 100w Blackheart operated in both class A and AB, due to the triode switch, as well as having high and low inputs, meaning you can bring it right down to 25w which is cool.

Anyway, the Blackheart can be pushed into metal terrritory. I don't really play metal, but I mess around with the Enter Sandman riff quite often, and with my new Double Muff pedal, I can achieve a metal tone no problem.

By the way, the Double Muff is way different and way better than the Big Muff.