Would it be Worth it to get Tree Of Life Inlays on an RG1570? I find dots to be a Bit boring, but ive never treid to play on a Vine Inlay and so i dont know if it would mess me up any. And would it even look good on the guitar?
it would cost a whole damn lot
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by black-sabbath
it would cost a whole damn lot

really? I thought it would only be at most 250 Dollars or so, because thats how much replacement necks cost at ETGuitars...

EDIT: When i said mess Me up, i ment i wouldnt really be able to see what Fret i was On. that happened the first time i played something with Trapazoid inlays
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Mar 24, 2008,
Anybody know the cost for scallopping of the upper neck.

Sorry for the thread hijacking. As for the question I think It would cost more than your guitar. a lot more.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Cost More than the Guitar!

What the hell, thats insane. screw that, dots are fine

I could be wrong however. But I cant see it being less than 350 dollars. Im thinking over 500.

Beautiful guitar by the way.
It costs about £250 to get it done in the UK - so $500.

http://www.cottamguitars.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=52

be warned, there's some incredible stuff in their "for sale" section that may cause drooling...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Scallop it your self. A lot cheaper. Probably somewhere in the 100's to do the upper. 150 for all of it maybe.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
How come it costs so much? it doesnt seem like that big of a Job, and the materials cant be that expensive if they sell full necks with them for under 200.

I guess this is why the JEMs Cost so much haha
There's this guy (in Canada I think) who does custom work on guitars, mostly Ibanez. He has done the vine inlays on tons of Ibanez' guitars. He has detailed pricing and pictures. Scalloping the upper registers is only about $30 and doing the inlays is about $300. To be honest, I don't think its very expensive. Vine inlays are great to look at and they don't confuse your position much.

http://www.lgmguitars.com/guitars/price_list.html

http://www.lgmguitars.com/guitars/inlay/jem_vines.html

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
I love the inlays on my Schecter C1 Classic. You'll get used to not having dots on the board quickly, as there are still dots on the side.

Most nylon strings have no markings whatsoever. You get used to it quickly.

$300 seems like a lot for a purely cosmetic alteration. What is the base value of the guitar?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I love the inlays on my Schecter C1 Classic. You'll get used to not having dots on the board quickly, as there are still dots on the side.

Most nylon strings have no markings whatsoever. You get used to it quickly.

$300 seems like a lot for a purely cosmetic alteration. What is the base value of the guitar?

Im paying around 850 For the Guitar (Canadian Dollars)