This is my cover of Nojislavin by Sigur Ros. Its extremely quiet due to the recording at a low volume, so you have to turn your speakers up a bit.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/preludetowar/

Crit for Crit?

Thanks.

EDIT: The lyrics are complete gibberish and apparently a language that Sigur Ros invented, so there is really no meaning to them.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Last edited by preludetowar at Mar 24, 2008,
Thats was amazing. I loved the acoustic feel and female vox. Gotta say, one of the best covers of Sigur Ros I've ever heard, cept for maybe the Kronos Quartet.
Quote by deadspoken
Thats was amazing. I loved the acoustic feel and female vox. Gotta say, one of the best covers of Sigur Ros I've ever heard, cept for maybe the Kronos Quartet.

haha

Thanks.. Although Im a dude. But thanks for the comment I am pretty flattered.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

My bro listens to them... such weird style... I don't know this particular song but you sound like him so good job on that I guess lol
Haha my bad man, but hey that right there simply means you got down the vocals perfectly.
Quote by deadspoken
Haha my bad man, but hey that right there simply means you got down the vocals perfectly.

No worries bud. Thanks for the comment I appreciate it.
Quote by Meths

Thanks for the crit!

Beautiful guitar playing at the beginning. The vocals do kind of sound like it's a girl singing. I've never heard the song before, but I guess how that's how they're supposed to be. The singing is good though and it fits well with the song. It kind of sounds like James Blunt (in a good way). Overall it was a beautiful cover and the vocals/guitar playing we're both top notch. Only thing I can think of is to fix the recording volume. Everything else is very well done. Nice job!
Beautiful acousic sound.
The vocals are good, very sweet sounding.
My only criticism is the background hiss, but I suppose that comes from recording at a low volume. Very nice

And thanks for criting my song.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
I enjoyed it a lot. Not sure what recording stuff you're using, but make your your mic/input volume/gains are up when you're recording, and that should boost the volume. Also thinks like proximity to mics and such can make a big difference. If you're using any kind of recording software, try copying and pasting the tracks you have two tracks for each original one, and then pan one about 60% to the right, and one about 60% to the left. It can really fill out your sound.

But anyways, sounds good
Feel free to crit any of the songs off the album I recorded with a buddy that we just released today! Based on the tone of this song, I'm guessing you might like To Know You. Click the link in my sig
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
I enjoyed it a lot. Not sure what recording stuff you're using, but make your your mic/input volume/gains are up when you're recording, and that should boost the volume. Also thinks like proximity to mics and such can make a big difference. If you're using any kind of recording software, try copying and pasting the tracks you have two tracks for each original one, and then pan one about 60% to the right, and one about 60% to the left. It can really fill out your sound.

For some reason I maxed the volume on the mic and it still isnt loud enough. I totally forgot that you can double track so its a bit louder, Im gonna do that for my next recording. Thanks for the tip.
But anyways, sounds good
Feel free to crit any of the songs off the album I recorded with a buddy that we just released today! Based on the tone of this song, I'm guessing you might like To Know You. Click the link in my sig

Will do.
Quote by Meths