i know that squiers and schecter omen 6 guitars are the two off the top of my head that are not worth customizing or even buildign for that matter. so what other guitars do you need to watch out for that arent worth yours or my time?
No, Squiers (some) are good. Ever heard of Simon Patterson? He uses a Squier.
bad wood.bad neck
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
most people would say that plywood body=dont bother, but i'm refinishing a friends strat copy with a plywood body, i say even though it'll still sound and play just as badly as before, it'll look a helluva lot better, so why not? i'm unsure how much improvement you can give it though tonally
please do not a get a plywood body >_>
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
well before the edge III haters come here i want to say that the lower end rg's ARE worth customizing, i upgraded my rg370 over a year ago and it is still better than ever (and the edge III stays in tune for weeks)

and i think the really low end epiphones are not worth it (special, junor) due to how low quality the overall product is
please do not get a plywood body

kinda what i was implying, although with an added "if you already do have one why not have some fun with it"
Quote by rednwhiteblues
kinda what i was implying, although with an added "if you already do have one why not have some fun with it"

I would say get an alder for a strat. but if you got a plywood use it to practice on moding
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
my uncle has an early 90s late 80's squier. its made ut of playwood, but the neck feels like a satriani neck. its so rounded and smooth and its made out of playwood, but still sounds pretty good.
The neck doesn't really affect the sound at all >_<
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
The only guitars I would call total junk are first acts.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by sebisbest
The neck doesn't really affect the sound at all >_<

Wrong.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by wiliscool

+999999
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by the_random_hero
Wrong.

The neck affects the sound very little mainly the body and pickups and amp make the sound >_<
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by sebisbest
I would say get an alder for a strat. but if you got a plywood use it to practice on moding

what i meant was i am refinishing his strat copy that is made of plywood, not that i was buying a plywood body to upgrade with, sorry for the confusion
Quote by rednwhiteblues
what i meant was i am refinishing his strat copy that is made of plywood, not that i was buying a plywood body to upgrade with, sorry for the confusion
no problem by the way nice thin body hope it's sounds great. looks pretty good as of now too =)
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by wiliscool
Not every First Act is a piece of junk. I have a ~$150 acoustic from first act which I wouldn't trade for anything. I went to the local guitar store and compared it to all of their acoustic guitars. They only carry guitars up to the $500 guitar mark (small store) and my First Act was better than all of them. I can't speak for their electric guitars, but First Act knows how to make acoustic guitars.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by shtiming
my uncle has an early 90s late 80's squier. its made ut of playwood, but the neck feels like a satriani neck. its so rounded and smooth and its made out of playwood, but still sounds pretty good.

haha a neck made of plywood would snap in a second when tuned up
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
I can't speak for their electric guitars, but First Act knows how to make acoustic guitars.

Vice versa here; I've never played an acoustic First Act, but a friend of mine has one of their elecrics. It's actually pretty old for a First act, and the best one I've played, but it's still pretty much crap even when compared to something like a Squier.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by acdcrocks0323
First Act does make some quality guitars, they are just custom made and probably expensive. Not the ones sold at Walmart.
As I said before mine is a $150 First Act acoustic guitar. Which happened to be purchased from Walmart. And it's awesome.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
I'd have to say Ion's from Radioshack/The Source. None of the ones I have seen even stay in tune for one song. Probably could though if set up decently.
Quote by matticus66
haha a neck made of plywood would snap in a second when tuned up

i was probably typing it in a rush and confused some people. let me say what i meant to say.

My uncle has an early 90's/late 80's squier. The body is made out of plywood. The neck is made out of maple and the fretboard is rosewood. The neck feels good, almost as a nice as a satriani neck, but the guitar doesn't sound as good as a satriani guitar. Given that, it still sounds pretty good. I would compare it to a MIM strat.