I'm planning on buying a few things at guitar center this weekend. Heres what I'm looking at:

Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Tortex Picks (1 bag 1.00mm, 1 bag .88mm)
Ernie Ball Slinky .11 Gauge strings
And possibly a set of Grover tuners (3 per side)

How much do you think I could haggle this down to? My my estimates it would be about 270$ worth of stuff.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
The Dunlop pick and Ernie ball should be free gifts if you haggle right. Maybe get 10-30$ off the whammy, and possible get the tuners as a gift too if they are cheap $10 or less or discounted at least

But i say this thing should not even go over $200 if your good
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 24, 2008,
You may be able to haggle the Whammy down a little, and possibly the tuners, but if you manage to get money off, I wouldn't expect to get the picks or strings for free. If you pay closer to the regular price for the Whammy and/or tuners, you may be able to get the picks and strings for free.

They'll want to balance things.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Keep in mind that GC is not the flea market or swap meet. I would'nt expect them to move much on small items. You will have better luck with big ticket items like amp or guitars, And then it is usually 10 - 15%.
A guy on the HC forums was saying that GC no longer cuts deals. Apparently as of a couple months ago they changed their policy and no longer allow discounts.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^I also heard this. I am sure some of the cooler employees that work there might still give you a deal here and there. I am lucky enough to have some pretty cool people working at my local GC and I bet they will still cut me a deal.