So, wednesday morning my family, a friend, and I will be going to Memphis. It take about 11 hours to get there. We will be going to BB King's restaurant, Gibson factory, various music stores, and a few other things. Im bringing my guitar with me for the car ride.

1. What should I do on the car ride besides play guitar?
2. Anything in Memphis I really should see?
3. Anyone want me to get pictures of the Gibson factory on the net for UG?

Anything else?
i don't know if you were planning on it or not, but don't go to graceland, it's not worth it.
and get some ribs, any BBQ place there is great.
and if you'll be in a car for 11 hours, you'll definately want to bring a bunch of music/CDs. and some food.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Play gameboy, preferably pokemon, or if you have a PSP, get that new crisis core. if videogames aren't your thing, license plate game. to see in memphis, nothing great. And sure why not.
Just go back from a trip there, actually, and went to the gibson factory as well. They have a retail store with some pretty high-end stuff. There's a flat black les-paul on the back of a rack, facing the inner window. It says "vixen" on the headstock. Play it.

Go find the guitar center...It's the biggest one in the world, or so I'm told. They have a room specifically for acoustic basses.

Pics:
main room
main room 2
accessories room
bass room (note the 3 Warriors on the wall)
acoustic room (the green door leads to the acoustic bass room)
recording room
dj / effects room
PA room
part of the drum room
the vault (very expensive things..there's a $9000 guitar in there)

not pictured are their keyboard room and electric piano room (Yes, they are seperated). The latter is rather large, while the former is roughly a 10'x10' room with 2 entrances

So yeah...go there.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by Mutant Corn
Just go back from a trip there, actually, and went to the gibson factory as well. Go find the guitar center...It's the biggest one in the world, or so I'm told. They have a room specifically for acoustic basses.

*PICS*
So yeah...go there.

Why should we take note?

And, seems cluttered
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
go to the ghetto and look for some blues bands set up outside bars, you'll hear some really good stuff. I'm not kidding.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by TooFast
Why should we take note?

And, seems cluttered

some pics of what I decided to play

That enough?

And it's not cluttered, there's generally a good 6ft of space between racks.

Also, everything they have is out on the floor...they don't hide the good stuff. There was an entire stack of Trace-Elliot amps when I was there, all ready to be played.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Mar 25, 2008,
Neat.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
The part of Memphis you seem to be going to isn't really anything special, kind of a tourist type thing. I live an hour away from there when I'm not in school. I really don't think it's worth the 11 hour drive but who knows, maybe I've taken it for granted. Just don't go near/get lost in or around Orange Mound.
We're just goin for fun. We like road trips. Can you buy guitars from the Gibson HQ. I may get an explorer there.
I think Im going to get an inverter tomorrow and hold a concert while in traffic in chicago.
Quote by Zander155
We're just goin for fun. We like road trips. Can you buy guitars from the Gibson HQ. I may get an explorer there.

From what I've heard, you can sit there and watch them build your guitar.

I'm thinking about going up there when I get the money. I live about 45 minutes away.

Is our Guitar Center really the biggest in the world? I always figured that was a standard size for such a place. By the way, it's not as cluttered as it looks. There's plenty of room.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
From what I've heard, you can sit there and watch them build your guitar.

I'm thinking about going up there when I get the money. I live about 45 minutes away.

Is our Guitar Center really the biggest in the world? I always figured that was a standard size for such a place. By the way, it's not as cluttered as it looks. There's plenty of room.

The one in Cordova? I doubt it. It didn't seem massively huge.
Go visit the Gaylord Opryland hotel even if you aren't staying there. It's really cool. There's liek a river flowing through the lobby. The Country Music Hall of Fame is pretty interesting, even if you aren't really into country music. Or am I thinking Nashville...
<<
>>
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Go visit the Gaylord Opryland hotel even if you aren't staying there. It's really cool. There's liek a river flowing through the lobby. The Country Music Hall of Fame is pretty interesting, even if you aren't really into country music. Or am I thinking Nashville...
<<
>>

Yup, thats Nashville.
Quote by slidething31
go see Graceland

+1

I'm not even a huge fan of elvis and I enjoyed it.

By the way, if you're white, prepare to be the minority.