If you had to buy a new guitar, which would you get?

Jay Turser JT-200 Purple Burst:

OR

a Gibson Les Paul Studio:

Those are your only 2 options. WHICH?
any info on the guitar? specs and whatnot
the first guitar looks cool but no point if its going to sound like dirt.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
the first one
based on looks alone
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
unless the Jay Turser one is really ****ty, it will feel and likely sound better than the LP studio.
i know from experience.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i pick number 1...and if you go with option b, tell me where i can buy said option 1

EDIT: HOLY **** IT"S ONLY 600 BUCKS!!!! i guess the gibson would probably play better but it's also like twice the cash...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I have a $150 Jay Turser right now, and it SHREDS. Check out my vid of it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxlU_nU9imk

Here's the specs for the Jay Turser JT-200 Serpent:

This guitar model was a classice Turser design, that has been out of production for over a year. The JT Co. just reissued the model, but now features a stunning laser cut inlay, with amazingly acurate inlay work. The old model was a real head turner, and was always quite popular, but doesn't compare with the new version's precision craftmanship and quality! This guitar features a figured maple top (with figuring that would make the "G" brand guitars proud) and solid mahogany body. This is one of the best "LP" type guitars out there period, especially for the price. Sweet slim neck tapered for fast action, great fret work and smooth tuning machines make this guitar feel much pricier. And you won't get a dull, flat paint job, like the "worn" finishes on the expensive brand's low-end models - you get a highly polished gloss finish like those guys put on their expensive guitars! Rich ALNICO humbuckers, combined with a maple top and mahogany body produce the phat tone that LP's are famous for, but for no where near the hefty price tag. You owe it to yourself to sample the JT-200 SERPENT!

Brand new guitar with Jay Turser's limited LIFETIME WARRANTY (call for details)
FRETBOARD INLAY: Detailed Abalone inlay, Serpent design
FINISH: AAA Figured Maple top, Transparent poly finish
BODY: Solid Mahogany with Carved maple top
BINDING: Bound body, neck and headstock
NECK: Maple
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius
NO. OF FRETS: 22 Medium Jumbo frets
SCALE LENGTH: 25”
HARDWARE:Gold
TUNERS: Cast/Sealed Tuners
BRIDGE: Tuna-Matic with adjustable saddles
PLASTIC TRIM: Gloss black
PICKUPS: ALNICO humbuckers
PICKUP SWITCHING: standard 3-Position switch. Circuit functionality is identical to Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul Custom and Standard
CONTROLS: 2 Volume, 2-Tone

EDIT: ^^ For previous poster: This guitar is actually only $399 or best offer.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................
gee...
i dunno.......
purple?
no Les paul?
no Purlpe?
yes...no...yes...no...yes purple
Thought about a Hagstrom Super Swede at all for less than the Turser? You can find the Hags on eBay for less than $400 sometimes or $500 ish on MF/GC plus it is a real nice guitar.

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/superswede.html
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hagstrom-Super-Swede-Electric-Guitar?sku=513342
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Mar 25, 2008,
ehh that jay turser is sexy but a friend of mine had one and it really sucked but that was like 5 years ago so maybe they got a better product now... id say go gibson... once you have a real one its such a crazy sense of self satisfaction... like ive bought a few guitars and nothing have felt as good after buying them than my les paul did
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
the turser...for 399...why the **** not right? if anything it looks cool ahah

meh...a studio is just...a studio
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by hellraiser1133
gibson les paul studio....Sound > looks
Which is hilarious because the GIbson LP Studio is one of the worst sounding guitars you can possibly buy.

And damnit I want that purple burst LP. Purple burst over flame maple has always been my 'dream' finish on all guitars. Shame you can't get those in this country and that fretboard inlay is ****ing ugly.
Quote by bokuho
Which is hilarious because the GIbson LP Studio is one of the worst sounding guitars you can possibly buy.

And damnit I want that purple burst LP. Purple burst over flame maple has always been my 'dream' finish on all guitars. Shame you can't get those in this country and that fretboard inlay is ****ing ugly.

worse than a squier??? u must be joking when u say that a gibson lp studio is one of the worst guitars out there....it's true the quality has gone down in the past years but if u own a 90's studio like i do u have a really great guitar,not to far off from a classic or a standard.
The more expensive JT's are actually pretty good guitars, and that particular one is absolutely beautiful. I would go with that one.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by bokuho

*facepalm*

You have no credibility on this subject bra..... remember?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by bokuho

ima hold you to that... when i get my amp from my car and into my house and get it all qued up... and everybody in my house wakes up ill post a vid of how good an lp studio actually sounds
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
ima hold you to that... when i get my amp from my car and into my house and get it all qued up... and everybody in my house wakes up ill post a vid of how good an lp studio actually sounds

You mean how good your amps sounds, micked through a camcorder?
i'd say the purple JT looks better, but i'm not digging the inlays. they scream "what the ****?"

the studios aren't as bad as you say...i have heard a couple of nice studios.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab