hey,

I like to write chorales alot, and i recently started puting it to my music (symphonic metal). In your opinion....what keys do you think sounds the most....
1. Dark
2. Beautiful

...to place into a song.

right now im working on some in F Major and Eb minor, but i would like to have suggestions from others too.

thanks.
key doesnt really matter. its the melodies and harmonies that make a piece dark and beautiful.

but for my tastes i happen to find e minor a fine key to work in for dark and beautiful.
Quote by alaub1491
key doesnt really matter. its the melodies and harmonies that make a piece dark and beautiful.

but for my tastes i happen to find e minor a fine key to work in for dark and beautiful.

+1

You can make dark melodies in pretty much any key....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I personally think it's ridiculous that people think playing in a certain key will give a different mood.
Mozart wrote his Requiem Mass in D minor because he cited it as having a minor sound that characterized lamenting more so then the other minor keys. Of course, it is necessary that we take in account that Mozart used somewhere in between A = 429 and A = 432, not our modern day A = 440 which is almost a half step above the aforementioned pitches. And also, Mozart had perfect pitch.

I do not discourage you to search yourself, but chances are any keys that you find to be more appropriate are uniquely associative.
i do understand that its the melody and feeling that your looking for. thanks for the replies....i was just woundering what key some people favored for a chorale, thats all.