Ok I have a Bad Monkey and its good but Im thinking I want another one. I play Metal and want better harmonics and to tighten up my rythym playing more. Im not looking for a solo boost. I know you guys are going to say that my amp sucks and to get a new one but I dont want to do that yet. Maybe next year for my 2 year anniversary I'll upgrade my amp but for now I just want the best OD I can get. My budget is $130 and Im buying used so I can probably find a modded one for that price if you recommend any of those. Thanks ahead for the help...
get a better amp

for metal, i would recommend the digitech grunge or the death meatl pedal, or a Boss SD

EDIT: or a TS9

DOUBLE EDIT: Dammit beaten to it!
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Mar 25, 2008,
JESUS whats with all the OCD reccomendations

i had it and i didnt think it was all that great...so i sold the over priced POS
OCD is TERRRRIBLE for rhythm, although it is pretty good for lead
dont listen to most people, the OCD is over hyped and alot of the people who rave about it have never even owned it...i on the other hand did (and maybe some of you here as well)...

for great harmonics, just get a boss BD-2, and then do a monte allums H20 mod
its cheaper and sounds better, the only disadvantage is probably the true bypass vs buffered bypass, but if you really find that a problem just get a true bypass looper.

The BD-2 is also one of the best ODs for rhythm, much better than the OCD, it fattens/thickens everything up, and its is also transparent and doesnt boost your midrange like tube screamers
well i run my modded tube screamer and then stomp on my OCD for leads and its farcking amazing but you dont want leads so i would suggest modded tube screamer or maxon which is heaps better then any stock ibanez
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by STriNG-RaY
JESUS whats with all the OCD reccomendations

i had it and i didnt think it was all that great...so i sold the over priced POS
OCD is TERRRRIBLE for rhythm, although it is pretty good for lead
dont listen to most people, the OCD is over hyped and alot of the people who rave about it have never even owned it...i on the other hand did (and maybe some of you here as well)...

for great harmonics, just get a boss BD-2, and then do a monte allums H20 mod
its cheaper and sounds better, the only disadvantage is probably the true bypass vs buffered bypass, but if you really find that a problem just get a true bypass looper.

The BD-2 is also one of the best ODs for rhythm, much better than the OCD, it fattens/thickens everything up, and its is also transparent and doesnt boost your midrange like tube screamers

So you hate the Fulltone OCD, and love the Boss BD-2.

Sounds like somebody really never owned an OCD in the first place?
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
^Ja.
Although I like my modded tubescreamer better, the OCD was still a damb fine OD.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator