Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
i hear line 6 pods are pretty damn good

I have the PODX3 Live and it's perfect.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I have Me50 and it's been good. I'm just a fan of boss equipment.
BOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSS *gasps for breath* BOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSS
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
BOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSS *gasps for breath* BOSSBOSSBOSSBOSSBOSS

+ 40784653542375

gt-8 is all u could ever want

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

The Line 6 Floor POD Plus Guitar Multi Effects Pedal is a good one?
It would be my first pedal
Quote by Callo
+ 40784653542375

gt-8 is all u could ever want

marry me

it's so awesome ae?

'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Boss GT series and the Line6 podXT are by far the most complete multi effect workstations you could ever ask for.

IMO. as far as the GT-8 and Pod XT go, I find them pretty much equal. which you like better is down to personal taste.

although the GT-10 looks pretty cool.. i just wish i could snag more info on it..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
when i played the pod xt it was just complete feedback, i tryed the noise gate on the little sh!t and didnt really make a difference.
i haven't tryed the gt-8 yet im gonna try it out this friday i heard it was pretty kick ass.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
The Digitech EX-7 is pretty good, helluva lot better than their other multieffects. But I haven't tried out the Boss to compare.
*is waiting for someone to come in and say "Get single stompboxes"*
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
TC Electronics has a new floor processor called the Nova System that looks quite interesting. If it provides the same effects quality found on the G-Major, then I'd put it above all the aforementioned options.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
TC Electronics has a new floor processor called the Nova System that looks quite interesting. If it provides the same effects quality found on the G-Major, then I'd put it above all the aforementioned options.

Yeah, but the Nova System is so expensive...

And plus, no expression pedal and not that many effects options compared to the GT-8 kinda puts me off.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
GT-8 hands down.

You just need to learn how to use it. A stock PODXTL beats the stock GT-8, but with the right tweaking the GT-8 releases fecal matter onto the Line 6.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by weemansyndrome
Yeah, but the Nova System is so expensive...

And plus, no expression pedal and not that many effects options compared to the GT-8 kinda puts me off.

[thinks of appropriate metaphor]

Personally, I'd rather have one Lexus than a warehouse full of Kia's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
If you have to get TC Electronics Gmajor and a midi control device. should sound WAY better than any other multi-fx.
Quote by Kendall
[thinks of appropriate metaphor]

Personally, I'd rather have one Lexus than a warehouse full of Kia's.

Yeah, that's true.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
line 6 is the modelling king.

EDIT: omg... the nova system... i wants it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Last edited by DiveRightIn63 at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by rolas92
Line 6
Boss
Digitech
korg
Vox

My vote goes to Line6. If you're good at tweaking, the Pod's can sound pretty damn amazing. They offer so much, more than anyone could possibly need/use.

Digitech - One of the bands I was in during high school, the singer/rhythm guitarist used a GNX3 and it always sounded harsh and thin. There was little to no low end with ear piercing high end, talk about shrill.

Boss - I find Boss amp modeling to sound sterile. The GT-6 and GT-8 sound nice, but they still sound dull to me.

Korg - I find Korg's amp modeling to sound better than Digitech and Boss, although it can be muddy.

Vox - Vox modeling always sounds muddy no matter how you EQ it. They can do blues pretty well, but that's about it.
I own an old Digitech Multi-Function Digital Delay (Probably as old as the '80s). Once orginially owned by my dad's best friend before he passed away. Was aimed to be fixed and given back to him. Anyway, it's a very nice-sounding pedal. Just got it working about a week ago. It's banged and scracted up, but it works like new!!! Couldn't really ask for a better pedal
I have an ME-50, and i love it

i did a review of it in this forum, search 'Boss Me-50'
lol@u
Vox ToneLab- has the best tone but it has pretty limited choices
Line 6 Live X3- Made like **** all my friends who got them returned a week or two later
Line 6 Live XT- Decent not that customable but if your a plug and play person this is perfect
Boss GT8- My Favorite You can get any sound out of it but it takes a lot of tweaking
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Guitarmiester

Vox - Vox modeling always sounds muddy no matter how you EQ it. They can do blues pretty well, but that's about it.

you have to set it up to the amp/speaker your playing it with. This can be a hassle but it still has the best sound. And yes its forte is Blues, Jazz, etc.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Highwaytohell
If you have to get TC Electronics Gmajor and a midi control device. should sound WAY better than any other multi-fx.

+1337

Although the G sharp is also good for the money.
Quote by BAoxymoron
Vox ToneLab- has the best tone but it has pretty limited choices
Line 6 Live X3- Made like **** all my friends who got them returned a week or two later
Line 6 Live XT- Decent not that customable but if your a plug and play person this is perfect
Boss GT8- My Favorite You can get any sound out of it but it takes a lot of tweaking

Your list was pretty much the exact opposite of mine. The Pod's are very well made, with the exception of the input. Even that takes an effort to screw up. How can you say the Pod's aren't customizable and consider them plug-and-play? With exception to the Pod 2.0 and the Pocket Pod, the Pod's are far from plug-and-play and offer deep editing.

Quote by BAoxymoron
This can be a hassle but it still has the best sound.

That's totally subjective. I've spent a lot of time with the Tonelab and various amps, couldn't manage to dial in any decent tones that weren't muddy. Take out too much low end and it sounds thin. Everyone's got their own tastes, no big deal.
get a gt-8 mate
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Just get either a Line 6 or Boss. I'm not a fan of DigiTech or Korg (at least not Korg's multi-effects. Multitrack recorders from Korg rule, though)