ok so i was reading the lessons to learn scales and i found a perfect one, it describes the modes perfectly and i undersand it well enough...
however i would like to no if there is one box for each mode like he posted or if there is five like the minor and major penatonics or if i combine the five mode boxes or if i just use the same box five times

if i do it like i stated the last part i would like to know if im doing this right. i wrote out the locrain scale in e just to see if it combines tothe locrain in A and Am and so on and it didnt work if im doing it wrong someone plze tell me i want to learn but my money is tight right now

E|0-|1-|--|3-|--|5-|6-|--|8-|--|10|--|12|
B|--|1-|--|3-|--|5-|6-|--|8-|--|10|11|--|
G|0-|--|--|3-|--|5-|--|7-|--|9-|--|--|12|
D|0-|--|2-|3-|--|5-|--|7-|8-|--|10|--|12|
A|0-|1-|--|3-|--|5-|--|7-|8-|--|10|--|12|
E|0-|1-|--|3-|--|5-|6-|--|8-|--|10|--|12|
srry bout the jumbleness of it it the ug post system
+ I only did up to 12 becasue the next twelve i now is the sams as the first thanlks to my knowledge of octives
Modes aren't boxes, don't think of them as such. If you know your major scales across the neck, then you know your modes of the major scale.
i dont think i do lol i realy dont no if i think =of them as boxes its just in Learning Music Theory. The Beginning lesson he shows the boxes and
i understand the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 but what i dont no is applying these to songs and how to play them right and also how do i realize what keya song is in
Look at the modes thread below this one, I've explained some things similar to what you're asking. Also, you understand 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 is the major scale but make sure you know the unique intervals of each mode.
o yes i understand the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 as major and that aeolian is 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 1 and that the locrian is 1 b2 b3 4 b5 b6 b7 1 and i dont plan to use the othe ones till i understand one
Quote by F8iscruel
o yes i understand the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 as major and that aeolian is 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 1 and that the locrian is 1 b2 b3 4 b5 b6 b7 1 and i dont plan to use the othe ones till i understand one

I'm just going to use the other modes thread to discuss this, look and I'll post over there.