Ok. I bought the Epiphone Les Paul custom [silverburst] and so i guess its time to set my sights on a good tube amp. I don't need a full stack, and im not even positive that i need a half stack. i just need a good tube amp that is good for gigs, practice, and, eventually, down the road, even recording. Any suggestions?
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
O..k. Well... I play... like... metal I guess. Uhh... Like... A combination of Atreyu, AFI, and Coheed and Cambria. And I'll do anything under 1,000 dollars.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Well the cliche metal recomendation would be a Peavey 5150. You will probably need good cleans so that is out of the question. A used Peavey JSX or a Carvin V3 combo sounds great for you. Even a used Mesa Mark IV if you can find one cheap enough. Maybe a B-52 AT-112 if you want something a little cheaper so you can save some cash.
...Ok then. Could you give me links to pages that have those amps??
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
That last one is a tube, right? The B-52 or the last one are the only ones i'd be able to do right now...
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
kid just get a solidstate amp, its cheap and reliable and is good for cleans and high gain stuff
try some randall amps

you dont even sound like you want a tube amp

if memory serves me right " Atreyu, AFI, and Coheed and Cambria" are not considered metal...................

EDIT: haha i like your profile its simple and straight to the point
a line 6 spider would be good enough for you to play songs from your 4 favourite super wicked bands
Last edited by STriNG-RaY at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by STriNG-RaY
kid just get a solidstate amp, its cheap and reliable and is good for cleans and high gain stuff
try some randall amps

if memory serves me right " Atreyu, AFI, and Coheed and Cambria" are not considered metal...................

a line 6 spider would be good enough for you to play songs from your 4 favourite super wicked bands

For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I second trying the B-52 AT112 or AT212... They are pretty sick amps..... They get some pretty nasty dirt and very nice cleans..

I'm not just suggesting it because I own one, I'm suggesting because I own one and love the hell out of it...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Mar 25, 2008,
Holy crap if you bought a Les Paul Custom Silver burst, it shouldn't matter what price range your amp is. Holy crap, dude. Just get a Mesa. It's good all around, besides it seems like most of your influences are high gain bands
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
The B-52 is well rounded, sounds pretty good, and doesn't have a string of horror stories attached to it. If your willing to go used, there was a Yamaha T50 on ebay the other day that wasn't expensive (good hard rock/metal amp for the price) that should leave enough of the budget for an Avatar 212. Also seriously consider the Traynor YCS50, as it's a much more capable amp than almost anyone here seems to realize.

Quote by Parabellum
Why did you get an LP in the first place if you play metal?

Tell me your joking...
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by .arkness:.

I actually did that after reading his post. xD
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by STriNG-RaY
try some randall amps

ULTIMATE FAIL!

Get a B52 or a Traynor YCV50
Quote by Parabellum
Why did you get an LP in the first place if you play metal?

Because LP's are great for metal?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Ok... I'll try out the B-52 then. The next chance i get.
טארה ניקול
&
נח ליאם

-1.24.11-
Last edited by Lolopop at Mar 25, 2008,
Well I mean, last time I looked into a Silverburst CUSTOM that damn thing was somewhere around 1300 USD
Here's to getting worse,
This is what I was thinking of

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=511976

I was gonna say, if the TS can afford that, why is he even asking about amps?
Here's to getting worse,
Quote by ragethetool
This is what I was thinking of

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=511976

I was gonna say, if the TS can afford that, why is he even asking about amps?

If you actually read the first post, you'll see that he got an EPIPHONE Les Paul Custom Silverburst.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i agree with the you don`t need a combo get a 1/2 stack... or like me a 1/4 stack LOL

i really like my JCM900, it`ll do thrashy type stuff by itself, but you gotta push it, unless you have a gain booster or O/D. but the JCM 900 has the Marshall roar then just put your pedal of choice in front of it and your golden. also the cleans are super nice, and with your LP probly alot nicer then mine are.