Lately my soloing has been sounding pretty sloppy. Missing notes and stuff. I've been using a wah wah pedal to kind of cover up my mistakes but I feel that it's really holding me back. Any exercises that you know of, I should do to help make my soloing sound cleaner?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Switch off your distortion. Really.

I practice using the clean channel only nowadays. Plus I'm focusing on making my hammer-ons and pull-offs louder and clearer. And I focus on my 2nd and 4th fingers too. Basically, whatever I can do with my 1st and 3rd fingers, I must be able to replicate with my 2nd and 4th fingers.

It's really just about focusing on clarity more than sound. I've always been doing that so it's never been a problem for me (missing notes, I mean).
aah, the old cover up with wah pedal, i do that, good on you.
just play different scales and modes, and the scales u use to solo, over a metronome and set it at a speed that you make no mistakes on, then increase tempo bit by bit
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
lately? so it used too be better? my advice is to slow the solos down and make sure you learn them fluently b4 trying to play them at speed........ same old advice you say? well this just sounds liek the same old problem to me
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
thanks for all the suggestions.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Time Seller
Switch off your distortion. Really.

I practice using the clean channel only nowadays.
Plus I'm focusing on making my hammer-ons and pull-offs louder and clearer. And I focus on my 2nd and 4th fingers too. Basically, whatever I can do with my 1st and 3rd fingers, I must be able to replicate with my 2nd and 4th fingers.

It's really just about focusing on clarity more than sound. I've always been doing that so it's never been a problem for me (missing notes, I mean).

Pfft. I play unplugged!

Ok, I'm not kidding. I really do practice unplugged. You can hear absolutely everything. I find even playing on cleans covers up my mistakes. I practice legato unplugged also. Helps the finger strength so I can hear.
Quote by Avedas
Pfft. I play unplugged!

Ok, I'm not kidding. I really do practice unplugged. You can hear absolutely everything. I find even playing on cleans covers up my mistakes. I practice legato unplugged also. Helps the finger strength so I can hear.

Yeah, I've been practicing on my acoustic a little, but I prefer playing on electric when I'm soloing. Thanks for that idea.

Hey Player. I would slow down and carefully examine why exactly it is that you are missing those notes. Slowing things down to an extent where you can really break it down and look at everything going on allows you to generally catch the reasons for your miscues. Then you can focus on those weaknesses until you hammer them out. You'll fix it up, no worries!

Chris