Page 1 of 2
Not really sure if this is the right place for this.. but really, what doesn't belong in the pit?

Anyway, a friend's band has a bunch of gig's coming up, and we're trying to find songs that would be good to play that have 3 guitars, since they have 2 guitarists, and want me to play with them. If anyone knows of any, that would be really cool, but no death metal, or shred, or screamo, or anything like that if possible.

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

any song? just duplicate rhythm, harmonize lead, or something of that nature?
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Some of Radiohead's songs has three guitars. a good one to do would be Street Spirit....probably one of the saddest songs i've ever heard
Freeeeeebiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird.
<Han> I love Hitler
Dosed by RHCP has at least 3 guitars going the whole way thru
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
a great one to play would be orion by metallica. that whole middle section has three guitars in harmony. really just look for anything that has harmonies and rhythm underneath.
Different World - Iron Maiden
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Bang Camaro has 3 guitarists I believe, too bad would need around 15 singers for their songs...
MAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Last edited by abdulalhazred at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by abdulalhazred

pretty much, yeah

any maiden
You like it
some songs by himsa have 3 guitars. i dont think they're death metal, but they might be. i don't listen to them, my friend just says they're awesome once every 10 minutes.
Quote by lonesome mike
a great one to play would be orion by metallica. that whole middle section has three guitars in harmony. really just look for anything that has harmonies and rhythm underneath.

+11111111111111111

and of course maiden, they basically are famous for having 3 guitarists
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
A few Sonic Youth songs have 3 guitars I'm pretty sure.
But those songs are full of anti solos....
Ppl have said maiden, but yeah they are right. Try Out of the Shadows by iron maiden... an excellent example of a good 3 piece song with guitars

And if you dont like maiden, then may god have mercy on us all...
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
Last edited by Judge_David at Mar 25, 2008,
you could try out some chili peppers. especially for their last 3 albums, frusciante liked to layer many guitar tracks. i'm sure you could decipher. look at "easily" for example. the most obvious part would be in their ending solo where there are at least 3 lead guitar parts playing different lines. and there's also rythm...

other bands that have 3 guitarists come to mind like the maiden (i'm sure many of you guys pointed it out) and radiohead. radiohead's "you" for example, for one of their more rock-oriented songs. or you could go G3 and play one of the songs they played live before

or you could always jam the blues
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Iron Maiden, Lenard Skynard, The Eagles.... I'll think of more later
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
All you people saying Iron Maiden are silly. Obviously the best band with three guitars is Hawthorne Heights. Duh.

Also,

Lenard Skynard

haha
Son of Dork!!!!!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
In Flames have a lot of harmonized parts with rhythm, also A7X have a lot of songs with 3 guitars.
maiden. sorry if someone alredy suggested them. cba checking, im busy
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
maiden...
and some avenged sevenfold(2 rythm 1 lead...)
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
well if you can pull off Queen...
Brian May overdubbed so many parts you could prolly use 20 lol
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
*Cough*
Quote by abdulalhazred
*Cough*

Yup.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Paranoid Android would be great. It's by Radiohead by the way... and you'll need an acoustic.
IRON MAIDEN!

and doesn't Layla by Eric Claton use 3 guitars?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
anything by skynyrd, maybe some anthrax and alot of pantera stuff had a few guitar tracks
layla-- derick and the dominoes
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
A good few RHCP songs have a third guitar, but a lot of the time it's just occasional fills and such. Some A7X songs (the only one that immediately comes to mind is Bat Country) also use 3 guitars if you're into that sort of thing.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Page 1 of 2