Hey everyone,
I've been hanging out here for a long time, and go into long bouts of not posting much, and then post like mad for a month, and do it all over again, but I thought the general community (minus the pit ) could appreciate this. I've got a place in Montreal right now, and my friend came up for 7 days, and we recorded and album while he was up.

You can check it out here if you're interested.

Really curious to hear what you guys think.
Thanks, a lot.
Jeremy
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
awesome sounding album man, mind if i ask what type of recording gear you used?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Sure man. All my actual instruments are listen in my signature there, with the exception of my friends Taylor acoustic. Most of the rhythm guitar was mic'd, and the lead was mostly plugged in. Everything is on acoustics though. I've got a decent Peavey mic I got for christmas that I used for most vocals/guitars (it's a PVi100 apparently).

Other then that, it was just a lot of guitar/mic cables and my USB interface. I bought the Line 6 TonePort UX2 for $250 or so, and it's seem pretty decent for semi-pro fun recordings so far. I find it can come out a little quiet, and if you do get it, I can help you with getting around that, but other then that, it seems to work pretty well.

For recording software, I used Ableton Live. If you were to buy it, it'd cost you about $300, but if you're smart, you can probably get it other places for a very reasonable price). The USb interface came with a lite version of it which is okay, but they make huge improvements with the full version. Oh, and the TonePort came with this software GearBox too which is very cool. Simulates amp presets and effect pedals and all that in a very intuitive way.

Hope that helps you out.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Nice man. Critted
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Haha, Karlis you're a dick.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Hey this is cool, I would definately listen to this constantly if I was on a beach. A more professional mixing job could really make this sound great. crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811111
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Great stuff man, I left you a comment to on your page. Good job on the recording and album. Super chilled stuff, and I enjoyed it.
cheers
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Thanks fellas. This was my first time mixing anything at any kind of a semi-pro level. It was pretty fun. Thanks for the comments.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Hahahah burn on you Jeremy.
He dissed your mixing job.
BURN.
We thought we lost you;
Welcome back.