Page 1 of 2
Not really a very creative thread but I just was wondering people's opinion of the bouncing souls, I just got their self titled album, and it rapes.
I'm a hopeless romantic

You're just hopeless
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I really like them, they're from about 20 minutes away from me. They play around here a lot, pretty awesome band.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
They're a really great band. "Bullying the Jukebox" is probably my favorite song. I hate myself for missing them with Modern Life is War and World/Inferno Friendship Society.
Last edited by Manos15 at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by Manos15
They're a rwally great band. "Bullying the Jukebox" is probably my favorite song. I hate myself for missing them with Modern Life is War and World/Inferno Friendship Society.

That would have been an amazing show. World Inferno probably put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen and Bouncing Souls are great live. Don't know about Modern Life is War.
funny story, i was reading my towns local paper and apparently the lead singer for the bouncing souls was at my local library talking about a book or something along those lines with another chicka, i was dissapointed that i missed it because my town is like wicked middle of nowhere and to have someone from a band i like show up is pretty sweet.

but yeah i like the Bouncing Souls, and even though no one else thinks so i really enjoyed The Gold Album
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by BostonLacrosse
funny story, i was reading my towns local paper and apparently the lead singer for the bouncing souls was at my local library talking about a book or something along those lines with another chicka, i was dissapointed that i missed it because my town is like wicked middle of nowhere and to have someone from a band i like show up is pretty sweet.

but yeah i like the Bouncing Souls, and even though no one else thinks so i really enjoyed The Gold Album

The Gold Album's their best one, in my opinion.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
The Gold Album is amazing.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by BostonLacrosse

Yeah, he wrote a children's book.

I also like Gold Album
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
wow, i was under the impression the last time The Gold album was brought up that alot of people did not like it, i guess i was wrong
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by Manos15
They're a really great band. "Bullying the Jukebox" is probably my favorite song. I hate myself for missing them with Modern Life is War and World/Inferno Friendship Society.

I missed them when they played with the Ergs! and Lifetime. Yah, I'm still kicking myself over that.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
I missed them when they played with the Ergs! and Lifetime. Yah, I'm still kicking myself over that.

That sucks. A lot.
They played in Asbury Park with Bad Brains last June.

But my car broke down.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
"It rapes"? Is that crazy new slang I am not aware of? Am I too much of a prude to not feel alarmed by it?

ANYWAYS,
I love the Bouncing Souls. They always put me in a great mood.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by hardrock1315
If you don't own How I Spent My Summer Vacation, you've never truly enjoyed life.

Guess I've enjoyed life then, anchors aweigh!
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by Manos15

Ah, that's funny. I saw that tour. Plus it had Circle Jerks, Street Dogs and that one band who's name I forgot.

But I've come to realize that a lot of Bouncing Souls songs are crap. How I spent My Summer Vacation is a solid solid gold album, but the rest have maybe on or two good songs on it, maybe.
epic bump.

I bought tickets to see them this coming Friday. I'm pretty excited. The Loved Ones are opening for them.
Quote by daytripper75
epic bump.

I bought tickets to see them this coming Friday. I'm pretty excited. The Loved Ones are opening for them.

My friend who's into them went to their DC show a few days ago and said they and the Loved Ones were both excellent. He also said some band called Black Presidents played and he thought they were great too? I'm not sure if they're on the whole tour or not.

That being said, I'm not a big Bouncing Souls fan. I listened to them for a little while when I was first getting into punk, but they never made a lasting impression. Just thought I'd throw in what I had heard about their new tour.
DOWN&OUT
I was supposed to go see them yesterday, with the Leftovers opening. I am stupid stupid stupid for forgetting about it.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I like them a lot. How I Spent My Summer Vacation and The Gold Record are both really, really good.
Last edited by captain_jack at May 2, 2009,
One of the best bands to listen to to put yourself in a good mood

Can't wait to see them at Reading this year.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I just remembered Hopeless Romantic is one of the greatest albums of all time ever.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Jett Diamond
He also said some band called Black Presidents played and he thought they were great too?

I saw them, that band is ****...horrible...you would hate them too...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I love the band personally. Got to tattoo from the logo on the Anchors Aweigh disc. Amazing band live too.

I'll be seeing them wednsday and thrusday night in Cleveland.

Here we go, here we go, here we go...
I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.
I saw them with Dead to Me and Static Radio NJ about a year ago at my favorite venue. Stood front and center the entire night. Awesome.
I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this, but Hopeless Romantic is my favorite. Night On Earth is pretty much the ****.
the bouncing souls are the best
Quote by Kurasuke
I saw them with Dead to Me and Static Radio NJ about a year ago at my favorite venue. Stood front and center the entire night. Awesome.

i was at that show too. it was the best.
the pete kept stepping on my hand
but i got his pick
Last edited by punkrockdoc at May 5, 2009,
Quote by Jett Diamond
My friend who's into them went to their DC show a few days ago and said they and the Loved Ones were both excellent. He also said some band called Black Presidents played and he thought they were great too? I'm not sure if they're on the whole tour or not.

Yeah two of my friends said the Souls are good live. I saw the Loved Ones a few months ago and they were good too. I listened to Black President on myspace and they seem pretty good, so hopefully they will be good live.
ill be the first to say I don't really like the bouncing souls

I don't mind them, but im not a fan, don't really see whats so great about them.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Just got back from the shows, and they ripped Cleveland a new one. The Souls were great, as expected, and the Loved Ones also tore up. Black President really impressed me. They are pretty good, and they put on a good show. I'd check them out live if you get the chance. The singer gave me some free stickers and stuff too. Nice guy.
I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.
i don't have a lot of their material, but they play a great live show. also, my aunt went to the same school as them and used to see them all the time in their early days.
Quote by Katja_
I was going to see them tonight in boston but I couldn't

If your talking about the show I'm thinking of, then same here.

Jack my swag
i hadn't listened to them for a really long time but i listened to summer vacation the other day, and i forgot how epic that album is, one of my favorite bands ever
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Webster Hall with Lifetime and None More Black, I'm going!

Best show ever or best show ever?
Page 1 of 2