Hey, I'm looking for a good tube amp for around $300. I know that my options are somewhat limited here. I play classic rock, rock, blues and jazz. I've looked at the Palomino V16 and the blackheart amps. Any other suggestions out there. Thanks.
Fender Hot Rod Junior all-tube amp is $479 and it's 15 watts.

I suggest saving up for a few more months to around $800-900, it'll be worth it. Unless of course, you don't gig or play too often with your friends.
the palomino line is great for that. i will +1 to that. also the Epi VJ is great.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
hold out till blackheart send out the handsome devil. i know im gonna get mine as soon as it comes out
Alot of people like the Valve Jr. & Blackhearts.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
If you like open back cabs VJ, closed back blackheart. take the remaining $50 and get a pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I have a Palamino V8. The cleans are decent, and the overdriven tones you get are amazing! The one thing that drives me crazy is not having EQ, which might explain the cleans only being decent, but if the V16 has 3 band EQ, then go for it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

I've liked the Palomino's I've tried so far. I used to own (and regret giving up) an Epi Valve Jr. (get the head and cab, not the combo version). Blackheart I hear plenty good about, but haven't had the chance to try one yet.

If you can find one, the Epiphone Valve Standard isn't a bad amp (currently using one now), but they don't make those anymore. Got mine new for $300.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Fender Blues Jr is a great amp for the price. someone also mentioned the classic 30, also a great choice. Try them out. If you can't afford something you like, save up for it till you do, you'll regret spending money on something you arent as thrilled about instead of just waiting it out.
The Crates Are Definitly Sick, The V30 And The V32, Use Ebay
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
palomino v16, dont get it for the reverb tho it sucks. tone is amazingly good and versatile. the gain is good for some classic rock type stuff, but not for heavier stuff. I personally love mine. plus it's a value tube amp for a good price, my version was MIA, i heard the newer ones aren't so maybe shop around for the MIA ones
you might be able to get a used Peavey classic 30 for $300 at GC.

I tried it out last weekend. Absolutely amazing. too bad I didnt have the $500 with me

and its perfect for what you play.
^Dude haggle with them, you can get that for $300, i saw one, but just didn't need the 30 watts so i got the v16, its awesome and with GT-8 i can get pantera metal, can you believe it
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^Dude haggle with them, you can get that for $300, i saw one, but just didn't need the 30 watts so i got the v16, its awesome and with GT-8 i can get pantera metal, can you believe it

I wanted a new one though, and I asked how much they would give it to me for the floor model and they said $400, but samash didnt have tweed. DAMMIT ALL MAN/
ill probably come to my senses and buy the black one,.

I seriously am dying to have that amp in my living room. NOW NWOWNOWNOWNOWNWONW.

.....sorry.
it's about $300 for a used blues junior.

it's more rare, but you can get a peavey 30 for $300 too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by esp1234
I wanted a new one though, and I asked how much they would give it to me for the floor model and they said $400, but samash didnt have tweed. DAMMIT ALL MAN/
ill probably come to my senses and buy the black one,.

I seriously am dying to have that amp in my living room. NOW NWOWNOWNOWNOWNWONW.

.....sorry.

Then tell them you only have $300 and if not, talk to the manager (if i were me i will do this immediately and show him the money and tell him that its discontinue and other amp can be showing in the room than this which is a waste of space because you don't have stock of this and are not going to get any) thats all try it
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W