So i finally got my toneport gx2. One word..AMA-FU CKIN-ZING !!!

And it's easy to learn to use...a must have !!

Ok and now im ready to record some songs...and i also have frutiloops btw.

But the problem is how do i do it ? Most of my songs have distortion and clean guitar in the same song. Should i record the clean parts and then the distorted parts and then loop it in frutiloops or should i connect my pedal and do it in one go ?? But then i wont be able to change the amp/preamp settings in gearbox...

And also is there a 101 that i can read which explains how to record guitar,bass and drums and how to put it all together without them sounding like a mess ?? Cause right now the low end from the guitar clashes with the bass and it sounds like a mess..

I need to learn how to record, and put it all together and post production or whatever you call it....i really dont know anythin AT ALL about the subject...

And how to EQ and all of that....

Care to educate me ?? Thank you !!!

Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Mar 25, 2008,
Record Clean and Distorted separate for sure.

I can't help with the EQ problem though...
And then put them together ??? But then how do i make sure that they go well together and sound like one take ?? Cause sometimes it sounds like there is a break inbetween....

And any ideas on how to records using frutiloops ?? cause whenever i try doing that i get like a hundred sound clips each only like a second long....frutiloops records each second as a seperate sound clip...so im stuck using audactiy.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

for a recording 101 guide, see "Tweak's Guide"

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

Record each clean and distorted part on its own..dont overlap as it will mess with your mixing later and it just wont sound great.

you may also be interested in this page:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=recordbetteraudio

I had the UX1 for a while. It did do what it was supposed to...(well it did on XP at least...stay away from vista...) but I found the distortion sounds to be lacking...
The cleans were ok.
Yea record them seperately, preferably on different tracks.

For the EQ just take off the low end from the guitar, that frequency is being used by the bass. Also try panning the guitar tracks full left and right.
Any 101's for eqing and mixing...
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!