I recently bought a new '62 Fender Vintage Hot Rod Strat in 3 tone sunburst. mmmmmmmm...

But! I go to change the strings today and I realize I have tuners like this:

Uh oh.

I've been playing for a few years, but all my other guitars have tuners like this:

I've never had changed the strings on anything but those ^ type of tuners.

Sooo... can't believe I'm asking... how do I change the strings on this bad boy?
its like a bass man ya just put the string in the hole and wrap it around and tighten it up
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
i think its easier, you bend the string 90 degrees and stick it in the hole straight down, then you wind 'er up until its tight. Make sure you have a good deal of slack in the string before hand so you can wrap it around the post when winding the machines. Hope that helps some.
Put the tip of the string in the hole....bring it through the cut like u know a L shape and then wind around normally....or u can lay the string across the cut and then wind around normally.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
So I'll have to cut the excess until it fits in perfectly? I use D'Addario's and they have ALOT of excess string
Quote by JimiVai
i think its easier, you bend the string 90 degrees and stick it in the hole straight down, then you wind 'er up until its tight. Make sure you have a good deal of slack in the string before hand so you can wrap it around the post when winding the machines. Hope that helps some.

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
That's neat lookin. Spiffy even. I've never restrung a guitar with that style tuners. Look alright.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by DingoDance
So I'll have to cut the excess until it fits in perfectly? I use D'Addario's and they have ALOT of excess string

I read in this guitar setup guide to measure it to the second tuning post past the tuning peg the string is meant for and bend a 90 degree into the string. Cut off the excess, leaving enough to stick into the tuning peg. I have a guitar with the same sort of tuning pegs and that way has always worked for me.

Hope that made sense....
well since everyone else already said how..ill just say that I like that style of tuner, easier imo enjoy it
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by T!AN
I read in this guitar setup guide to measure it to the second tuning post past the tuning peg the string is meant for and bend a 90 degree into the string. Cut off the excess, leaving enough to stick into the tuning peg. I have a guitar with the same sort of tuning pegs and that way has always worked for me.

Hope that made sense....

I like to wind up extra so that WHEN I break a string at the tremolo, I just snip off the leftover attached to the ball, thread the string through the ball, give it a few twists with my leatherman pliers, and reuse it.

Yup, I'm sure there are some purists choking right now...
Is there any place to buy these type of tuners? I have looked for quite a while and can't find these bass style tuners.