Hey just recorded a new song for my solo project it's in my profile under the 'Weird Koonah' band it's called "take away your everything"
feedback on song and mixing please it's just a rough i wrote and recorded it in about an hour
cheers
will C4C
here

be harsh i want honest opinions and reasons not 'taht sux wherz da brootal shred'
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
a bit acoustic for my taste, but that's just me.

i thought it was pretty good
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
Quote by jimmy, the one
a bit acoustic for my taste, but that's just me.

i thought it was pretty good

cheers, yeah when ive restrung my strat im gunna re-record it with some keys and stuff in there too
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Sounds pretty cool man. The vocals could be tightened up a little bit and be a little clearer. Also, check to make sure all your harmonies are on. Other then that, I liked it. Some little lead melodies over the odd empty spot could really bring some life to it, but the tone of the song might not call for it. Not sure. But cool dude.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
cheers its just a demo but thhx, loved ur cd downloadin it now
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

did you change the title? I did not see it listed never mind see it now. Pretty cool for a demo I thought it was good lyrics and liked the vocals. I'd like to hear a few fills with the guitar maybe some funky RHCP kinda vibe to a break or something. But overall pretty cool. also, liked the fabric cold..... song though that was really cool. Great repeating rhythm to it and the vocals were cool.
Last edited by adave at Mar 25, 2008,
Vocals are alright, i'd definitely tighten them up. Maybe make sure that you're in a comfortable key, and maybe deepen your voice a bit. It's just, your (or whoever was singing) had a slightly thin voice. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I think acoustic songs need stronger vocals. But that's just my opinion. Like Adave said, some fills would be nice for the empty parts. Not too much to say.
Crit me? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821291
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by adave
did you change the title?...

no, i don't think its listed in my top 3 mp3s though

...also, liked the fabric cold..... song though that was really cool. Great repeating rhythm to it and the vocals were cool.

really? i recorded that in like an hour all 1 takes and i hated it, but if i can remember how it goes il try redo it and improve it

a lot of people seem to think i should add fills on the empty parts so i may do that as it sounds like it could work, as stated above, im going to redo most of it when my strat has been restrung

Vocals are alright, i'd definitely tighten them up. Maybe make sure that you're in a comfortable key, and maybe deepen your voice a bit. It's just, your (or whoever was singing) had a slightly thin voice. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I think acoustic songs need stronger vocals. But that's just my opinion. Like Adave said, some fills would be nice for the empty parts. Not too much to say.
Crit me? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=821291

yeah i think the EQ i put on the main vox made it sound weird and thin, but i actually liked how it sounded, i usually hate my voice, but i liked this one. bearing in mind this is a ****ty demo that i quickly mixed but thanks for the advice.
critting now
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

A new version of the song has been recorded and uploaded now it's got the same name but with (version2 for album comp) added. I like it better
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

I don't like constant strummin. The chords were too simple for my taste. I don't like simple music at all.
Alright first thing I hear is the timing is a bit off when you start off the song... Have you thought about running an autotuner on your voice - and I'm not saying your always out of pitch but a lot (if not all) major acts run some form of autotuner on every vocalist... I think it has a bad stigma for no reason, anyways - I really like the guitar but I think you need to turn some compressor effects or a great preamp to warm up the sound and make it a bit more full.

It's a good song I'm just picking out little things really. Keep it up hope to hear more soon.
Quote by ovdojoey
Alright first thing I hear is the timing is a bit off when you start off the song... Have you thought about running an autotuner on your voice - and I'm not saying your always out of pitch but a lot (if not all) major acts run some form of autotuner on every vocalist... I think it has a bad stigma for no reason, anyways - I really like the guitar but I think you need to turn some compressor effects or a great preamp to warm up the sound and make it a bit more full.

It's a good song I'm just picking out little things really. Keep it up hope to hear more soon.

cheers man thanks for the tips ur myspace music is great btw.
Guy above him, go back to ur metal music

EDIT:
also what do you mean by an auto-tuner?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Last edited by druz15_UG at Jun 10, 2008,
Like Auto Tune 5 ... lol It's a program that helps the singer sing every note in pitch... if there are any off notes you can either run the automatic function which will correct them or you can manually view the pitch of the performance and edit it accordingly.
Quote by druz15_UG
cheers, yeah when ive restrung my strat im gunna re-record it with some keys and stuff in there too

Very good man. Finally, someone who loves John Frusciante as much as me.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Quote by mlkIII
Very good man. Finally, someone who loves John Frusciante as much as me.

thanks man but trust me there are tons of fans out there. Check the RHCP thread and the John frusciante thread in the modern rock forum, there are like thousands of John Fanboys. This song wasn't written at all to sound like John but Id been listening to his stuff before I recorded it and I think it came out a little John-inspired and Ive played/sung it that way ever since.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals