Hello,

I'm looking for a new pickguard for my Fender Aerodyne (CiJ). The problem is that the original pickguard that is currently mounted on the guitar doesn't have a screw under the pickup selector, but more to the right. When I look for pickguards on the web, I mostly find pickguards with that same screw which is under the pickup selector. What I understand from this is that pickguards with the screw under the pickup selector are the normal standard strat pickguards and that mine is a pickguard with that same screw in a different/weird position...

Does this mean I can't buy a correct fitting pickguard and that I have to drill holes in my guitar body to fit one? I don't wanna

Thanks

Bas
Zeitgeist...
How many screw holes does your pickguard have? Strats normally come in 11 hole or 8 hole. You may have an 8 hole, which lots of places sell...

zeitgeist...eh...i was random article-ing on wikipedia, and came across the barj dubai. wow eh, pretty cool
Quote by bvice
Hello,

I'm looking for a new pickguard for my Fender Aerodyne (CiJ). The problem is that the original pickguard that is currently mounted on the guitar doesn't have a screw under the pickup selector, but more to the right. When I look for pickguards on the web, I mostly find pickguards with that same screw which is under the pickup selector. What I understand from this is that pickguards with the screw under the pickup selector are the normal standard strat pickguards and that mine is a pickguard with that same screw in a different/weird position...

Does this mean I can't buy a correct fitting pickguard and that I have to drill holes in my guitar body to fit one? I don't wanna

Thanks

Bas

Your best bet is to buy an actual Aerodyne Strat PG from somebody or eBay or Craigslist. The '50s style 8-holes or the later 11-holes PGs from after-market suppliers (non-Fenders) have been off as far as screw hole placements. Those are useful if you're building from scratch, but not as replacements.

If you can find one from an after-market supplier that completely matches the screw hole locations, excellent!

Good Luck!

If all else fails, whiping one up yourself isn't immensly difficult, i made one in my bedroom.
So all the problems I get with finding a nice PG are coming from some lazy guitar builder in Japan that thought they would move one of the holes more to the right because that would be easier? Thats not making much sense to me :\

Anyway thanks for all the help, I'll try to find some weird-PG's on ebay... otherwise I think I'll buy a regular-standard-normal-strat PG (I like a chrome mirror PG btw ) and bring it to my local guitar shop to get it mounted there...

Thanks again!

Zeitgeist...