what is the coolest riff you know??

mine would have to be

"pull the plug" - death

or

"holy wars" - megadeth
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Oh, I don't know. Smoke on the Water?
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Regression
Don't hate me, but I really dig the riff at 2:30 in 1st person by Stone Sour.

ye I also think that's great,it has this chunky sound and then the buzz noise....
but IMO the main riff in For Stevie Wonders Eyes Only by Bring Me The Horizon.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by Dizzy-D
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Du Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Do

and what would that be?
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by megadeth rule
and what would that be?

Smoke on teh waterz

edit: was irony in there?
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
Smoke on teh waterz

edit: was irony in there?

true i thought it sounded like seven nation army for a sec
Quote by Trefellin

lol xD

I think the timing is not rly correct..

it should be like:

dun dun duuuun
dun dun du duuuu
dun dun duuuuu
dun doooo
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
lol xD

I think the timing is not rly correct..

it should be like:

dun dun duuuun
dun dun du duuuu
dun dun duuuuu
dun doooo

Yeah that ones better, still everyone got it pretty much right of the bat
Maylene and The Sons of Disaster - Lady at the Gate

The riff the start at about 1:35 and the one immediately after that.

/not THE coolest, but I'm trying to stay away from the cliched artists here
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
sweet
Quote by Trefellin

The verse riff of mouth for war is the greatest of all time by the greatest of all time

Halo by machinehead is also epic (apparently written by McClain not Flynn or Demmel)
The 'Angel of Death' riff by Slayer, from the album 'Reign in Blood'. One of the best riffs of all time. I don't need to tell you when the riff comes in the song 'cos once you hear that riff, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Quote by +}-136-{+
The 'Angel of Death' riff by Slayer, from the album 'Reign in Blood'. One of the best riffs of all time. I don't need to tell you when the riff comes in the song 'cos once you hear that riff, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

yeah i know the one
Quote by Trefellin

Catfish Blues

Black Sabbath
not really sure if it qualifies as a riff, but the start of Plug In Baby by Muse.
dun dun dun dun dun dun dun, doo doo doo doo do doo doo doo dooooo. or not.