1. What was the Great Depression?

2. When did it start and end?

3. What triggered the Depression?

4. What MAGOR Factors caused or aggravated the Depression?

I must Inlcude:

a. Stock market
b. Credit
c. Overproduction
d. Calling in of loans
e. Tariffs.

5. Describe the Magor Effects on Germany.

6. Describe the German Govt responses to the Depression.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Great Depression was a time of economic collapse for America. It started in 1929 and The Wall Street Crash was one factor.

That's all I know sorry.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I never knew the Pit was your personal homework slave. =\

I WOULD help you out but i choose not to for two reasons.

1. I don't need to.

2. I'm pretty thick when it comes to history.

However, all fo your answers can be found:

Here.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by bLiNk182fOrLyF
I never knew the Pit was your personal homework slave. =\

I WOULD help you out but i choose not to for two reasons.

1. I don't need to.

2. I'm pretty thick when it comes to history.

However, all fo your answers can be found:

Here.

There Should be a homework thread, we all help each other out
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Jeez, don't do ANY of the homework yourself....

Wikipedia it I can answer most of this off the top of my head just from general knowledge. Your turning 16, which means you're in year 10 or 11, shouldn't you know how to research?
Wikipedia bitch
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
it was triggered by an American boom in sales and industry successes.

over production played a huge part becuase things were being sold cheaply and people were able to buy, that meant when everyone had these items, none were sold leaving them to be filling up warehouses.

the depression ended in about 1940ish, more or less when WWII started as jobs began to appear for people who didn't have any.

thats about all i can remember from when i did the course, have a browse on the internet for some more info.
Quote by Big Spender
Jeez, don't do ANY of the homework yourself....

Wikipedia it I can answer most of this off the top of my head just from general knowledge. Your turning 16, which means you're in year 10 or 11, shouldn't you know how to research?

Turning 17, and no i don't know how to research.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
youre from australia, so i think that this will be helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_Australia

i dont really want to do your work, though.... cmon.
it took me literally two mouse clicks to find....
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
youre from australia, so i think that this will be helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_Australia

i dont really want to do your work, though.... cmon.
it took me literally two mouse clicks to find....

cheers dude, it may have took two click, but I still have to read wall of text then type it, im very lazy when it comes to history homework.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
1)The "Great Depression" was what caused Kurt Cobain to shoot himself
2)It started after years of substance abuse & finished when he died
3)The depression was triggered when Kurt disscovered that Dave Grohl was a far more superior singer than he was!
4) all of the above!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by SteveBeginner
cheers dude, it may have took two click, but I still have to read wall of text then type it, im very lazy when it comes to history homework.

Copy+Paste=Homework done!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan

I hear that!
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
We've given you the information and you still say it's too hard?

Blimey mate, get off your ass and put some effort in. If you're lazy with homework why do the subject?
Quote by Big Spender
We've given you the information and you still say it's too hard?

Blimey mate, get off your ass and put some effort in. If you're lazy with homework why do the subject?

I tried:

1.The Great Depression was a enormous, worldwide economic downspiral beginning
countries as early as 1928.

2.The Great Depression began as early as 1928.

3.The Great Wall Street Crash on October 29th, 1929 triggered the Great Depression.

4. a. The StockMarket turned upward in early 1930. Businesses spent more money in the first half of 1930
than in the corrusponding period the year before.
b. Credit was available at low rates, people were put into my debt by borrowing.
c. Over production played a huge part becuase things were being sold cheaply and people were able to buy,
that meant when everyone had these items, none were sold leaving them to be filling up warehouses.
d. America Lent loans to Germany, so Germany could invest the money in it's raw materials. When America Needed the money
they called back the loands from Germany.
e. America Put High Tariffs on import goods to get money when they needed it.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by gunners fan

Its how I passed my exams in school
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

Quote by SteveBeginner
There Should be a homework thread, we all help each other out

Fixed!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
You spelt major wrong. So you might not understand any of this.

The Great Depression was a period of time where total Gross Domestic Product (average wage) was at severely low levels, the unemployment level was at severely high levels, and outbreaks of disease.
Early 1930s - Late 1930s
A mixture of the Australian foreign debt and the huge economic rise in the 1920's. After WWII, world growth boomed massively, and every high has an equal low. The government had to pay off debts it had collected as a result of this boom. They could use one of two plans - use equity (surplus) to pay off the debts, or spend money to make money. The government hired a British advisor, so, obviously, the former was taken due to a huge portion of debt being owed to the British. The latter option was used by Hitler to bring Germany to the superpower it became.
4. What MAJOR Factors caused or aggravated the Depression?
The governments economic policy pretty much dragged out the depression. The uncontrolled rate of inflation during the 1920's was also a contributing factor. These are the two main reasons, although there are other less substantial reasons.

Get all that Dexter?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood

The Great Depression was a period of time where total Gross Domestic Product (average wage) was at severely low levels, the unemployment level was at severely high levels, and outbreaks of disease.
Early 1930s - Late 1930s
A mixture of the Australian foreign debt and the huge economic rise in the 1920's. After WWII, world growth boomed massively, and every high has an equal low. The government had to pay off debts it had collected as a result of this boom. They could use one of two plans - use equity (surplus) to pay off the debts, or spend money to make money. The government hired a British advisor, so, obviously, the former was taken due to a huge portion of debt being owed to the British. The latter option was used by Hitler to bring Germany to the superpower it became.
4. What MAJOR Factors caused or aggravated the Depression?
The governments economic policy pretty much dragged out the depression. The uncontrolled rate of inflation during the 1920's was also a contributing factor. These are the two main reasons, although there are other less substantial reasons.

Get all that Dexter?

Thankyou.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Ive only talked about Australia there (I assume thats what you need seeing as your from Adelaide), but do you need to talk about the Great Depression as a worldwide event?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
More about Germany.

I try to read wiki and google but I too dumb to fully understand it.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Last edited by SteveBeginner at Mar 25, 2008,
Well, at the end of WWI Germany was forced to sign the Treaty of Versailles. As part of the treaty, Germany was stripped of roughly 15-20% of their land. This was the best land Germany had, and contained 10-15% of their agricultural and industrial sectors. They were also billed with the cost of the war, and had restrictions on a range of things, including no conscription, a navy of no more than 10 ships, etc.
Leading on from that, Germany had their Great Depression from the end of 1918 up to about 1930. The Nazi Party takes over, and Hitler began producing as much money as possible to spend to repay debts and stimulate the German economy. The Nazi party got everybody who could work to work, decreasing unemployment to minimal levels. Everything was going great for Germany until Hitler began disregarding the Treaty of Versailles and invaded Poland.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
Well, at the end of WWI Germany was forced to sign the Treaty of Versailles. As part of the treaty, Germany was stripped of roughly 15-20% of their land. This was the best land Germany had, and contained 10-15% of their agricultural and industrial sectors. They were also billed with the cost of the war, and had restrictions on a range of things, including no conscription, a navy of no more than 10 ships, etc.
Leading on from that, Germany had their Great Depression from the end of 1918 up to about 1930. The Nazi Party takes over, and Hitler began producing as much money as possible to spend to repay debts and stimulate the German economy. The Nazi party got everybody who could work to work, decreasing unemployment to minimal levels. Everything was going great for Germany until Hitler began disregarding the Treaty of Versailles and invaded Poland.

cheers bud.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by dann_blood
(Almost) everyone can read Wiki, but you seem to understand this quite a bit. What's your take on the current situation, where the US debt is higher than ever and prices of raw materials are skyrocketing due to the unrelenting Chinese industrial expansion?

How hard will we hit the wall this time?
History is hard. Better ask the internet.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything