Seems I'm GASsing to buy something. I have narrowed it down to 3 things.

1) SKB hard case for my Gibson SG. Guitar(and me, doh!) are lefty, so really hoping it fits the case properly

2) Lefty mandolin with case. I've always wanted one, and it's affordable on the bay.

3) $130 payment on the Marshall MG100DFX amp I have on lay away at my local music store

The money is from expenses I can claim at work for gas mileage. My regular paycheck covers everything just fine, with extra, so I can spend the expense check on anything, or nothing. What to do? Btw, the check is for a neat $130.00US.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Mar 27, 2008,
Jay is on the 45. says:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820619
Jay is on the 45. says:
He's put down a deposit on an MG.
Jay is on the 45. says:
HE SPENT HIS PAY CHECK ON AN MG.
Jay is on the 45. says:
TELL HIM TO GET IT BACK.

Banned members ftw.
Can you get back any of the money you spent on that MG?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by LeftyDave
Seems I'm gassing to buy something. I have narrowed it down to 3 things.

1) SKB hard case for my Gibson SG. Guitar(and me, doh!) are lefty, so really hoping it fits the case properly

2) Lefty mandolin with case. I've always wanted one, and it's affordable on the bay.

3) $130 payment on the Marshall MG100DFX amp I have on lay away at my local music store

The money is from expenses I can claim at work for gas mileage. My regular paycheck covers everything just fine, with extra, so I can spend the expense check on anything, or nothing. What to do? Btw, the check is for a neat $130.00US.
Well better start horing your self.

As quagmire said Date 50 fat chicks for 1 dollar a date and you will have $50 dollars

I think thats how he put it.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I'd just pay your debt. Not sure how those things work for you, but generally it's cheaper to just get rid of them right away. The other stuff would just be cool stuff to have, not a necessity at the moment I'd say.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Hardcase. Screw the MG.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Ok, I'll bite. Why all the MG hate? It was either that one or limp along with the puny piece of shyt austin 10W I have now. Ever try to play anything substantial through one of those? I'd rather step on my cat's tail and hear her screetch than this thing. So, for my money, the MG is a good buy. Not to mention I am getting $200 off list. I'm not doing any gigs with it, so it's just for at home.
My bills are all taken care of, no worries there.
The hard case is really the most tempting of the 3. I detest the gig bag Gibson gives away with their guitars.
No mention of the mando huh? No one with an opinion on that?
You could have probably bought a valveking for less... in fact about $70 less, and had significantly better tone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get a mandolin if that floats your boat dude. i like em personally but i'd get a banjo first myself. as for the MG, i haven't played one but search this site and you'll find some choice reviews. they are hated here along with line 6 spider III's...
Thank you please.
Quote by LeftyDave
Ok, I'll bite. Why all the MG hate? It was either that one or limp along with the puny piece of shyt austin 10W I have now. Ever try to play anything substantial through one of those? I'd rather step on my cat's tail and hear her screetch than this thing. So, for my money, the MG is a good buy. Not to mention I am getting $200 off list. I'm not doing any gigs with it, so it's just for at home.
My bills are all taken care of, no worries there.
The hard case is really the most tempting of the 3. I detest the gig bag Gibson gives away with their guitars.
No mention of the mando huh? No one with an opinion on that?

Then why buy a 100W half-stack?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by CortFan1
Well better start horing your self.

As quagmire said Date 50 fat chicks for 1 dollar a date and you will have $50 dollars

I think thats how he put it.

No , its 50 fat chicks for 50 dollars each
Get the MG
you need a good amp
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by KennySG
No , its 50 fat chicks for 50 dollars each
Get the MG
you need a good amp

Then why would he get the MG?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by LeftyDave
Seems I'm gassing to buy something. I have narrowed it down to 3 things.

I see your Gas your and I raise you a gas.

http://www.cortguitars.com/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=179

'That's what I'm gasing for.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by ze monsta
Yeah, MG's are lame. The only MG worth considering is the MG10 and that's only as a practice amp.

have you played an mg practise amp recently
nasteh stuff

on topic: i'd go for the mandolin they sound like good fun and it would be a new experience
Go for the mandolin! It's a really fun instrument!
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
Don't pay for the MG. Take your money, buy a billion killer bees, put them in a grain silo, then whack yourself in the balls with a sledge hammer. Same effect. But seriously, just let go of what you already paid on the MG and get a decent tube combo.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan