Page 1 of 2
I like to mix both of them into my playing. But playing acoustic lead alone at a show is very weak unless you have someone to back you up. I guess with my playing style it gets the job done for both.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
both.. i feel that you have to learn how to become tight on your timing in rhythm, but none the less lead is just totally awesome to get ur point across lol
I'm the only guitar player in the band so I'm gonna go with both
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I would say I'm both. I mostly play a lot of solos but me and my buddy both write/play really complex rhythms.
I have 3 guitars, so we really have to mix it up a little. Generally our singer plays rhythm, I play lead and solos, and our 3rd guy harmonizes with me, plays rhythm when our singer is just singing, or just does crazy stuff with his pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Lead.

lead ftw!

I suck at playing rhythm so I play lead by default. People say i'm good though so i guess it works out.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I play Lead, but still toy around with rhythm parts just to improve.
ESP

Respect Roope Latvala.
I wanna sig that^ ...but i never change my sig. ...DILEMMA!!!!!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'm both. I don't see the point of just playing one or the other. Rhythm helps you with playing lead. Lead helps you with playing rhythm. They go hand in hand in my opinion. Also, it's tough to write a song as a lead player. If you're not much a rhythm player, you have to depend on someone else all the time to write songs etc.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by archenemy_no.1
Are you more of a Rhythm player, or Lead? Or do you just kick-ass at both?

I just play guitar.
shred is gaudy music
I enjoy playing both, i prefer being the only guitarist in the band (granted i don't play metal, where the need for 2 guitarists becomes greater)
Quote by metal4all
I wanna sig that^ ...but i never change my sig. ...DILEMMA!!!!!

im assuming you're referring to me. in which case im flattered.
if you're not referring to me i'll stay in my own delusional world and still assume its about me and continue to be flattered.
Yes i was referring to you lol.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'm both just because you need to know rythm to get good timing and get the basic techniques down, and you need lead for playing on your own or just to show off. If I was in a band though, I'd probably play lead, just cause im one of the best guitarists in my school.
Quote by archenemy_no.1
Are you more of a Rhythm player, or Lead? Or do you just kick-ass at both?
Gimmie a beer and a guitar and I'll play anything
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
im more of a lead guy. im not great at rhythm, but i can make it work.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Lead!!!!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by z4twenny
^ that makes no sense, since to be a good lead player you need a VERY good rhythm.

I dont think he means bad at "rhythm".... but rather bad at "rhythm guitar" vs lead guitar.

this is common for people the spend most of their time playing leads... and scales and stuff, but dont spend time on chords riffs, songs.... ect.
shred is gaudy music
I am more rhythm because:

1. I'm not very good.
2. I'm the lead singer/screamer.
3. I like to headbang.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Lead. My music rarely involves solos in the typical sense, but I play melody.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I think I'm more of a rhythm player by nature. I'm marginally confident in my lead playing skills, but I'm pretty confident in my rhythm. Of course, it doesn't help that the guy I jam with is a much better lead player than I am.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by aprescott_27
. Of course, it doesn't help that the guy I jam with is a much better lead player than I am.

dude you should ask questions and learn from him if you can. get the guy to show you the ins and outs. i wish i had someone to jam w/ that was better than me to show me what to do. all the people i know that are better than me charge for f#cking lessons. i bet this guy would teach you for free.
My bass skills are much better than my guitar skills. However, I don't often play bass as much as I wish because I can never find a guitarist to play dream theater song's with.

I do play lead more than rhythm, due to the other guitarist in my school band being afraid to turn up his amp, and the other guitarist in my band singing as well.
Devastating leads all the way. I love odd time signatures, though, so rhythm is always fun.
Rhythm. However, not just simply strumming chords, I usually play melodies(ish) using notes within the range of the chord I'm playing. I'm horrible at lead. I... I just don't know. I can pick out melodies from songs and rhythmically have everything down, but when I try to play lead it never sounds good, or like a "solo".
Rhythm for sure. To me its more chill than trying to pull off a frantic lead lick. I also think its because I started on bass first, then moved to guitar.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Both. Whatever the song calls for, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I personally am focused on lead, but play rhythm as well. It is a great extra asset to have on either side. They compliment eachother and open up a lot more doors for guitar players when you can switch between both. It will make you more of a complete, adaptable player IMHO.

Cool question man !!

Chris
i do alot more rythm stuff, but im starting to get into lead stuff... so i'm rythm going on lead.
as I thought that strng rythm skills would really help me.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I disdain pure power chords, I like making riffs over chords as opposed just strumming them, and yes I dare say I kcick ass at shredding.
hue
i would have to say rhythm, i always play in the rhythm setting on both my guitar and amp, i NEVER learn solo's(im always too lazy to) and i don't like being the center of attention........so uhhh yeah i guess rhythm
Yep, I'm from Kentucky all right! yee haw!

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
Page 1 of 2