So yesterday I tried playing with my Agile AL-3100 and Boss GT-8 at higher volumes than I usually play.

I'll start by saying this. It was definitely a problem with my pup. The neck pup didn't give me feedback, and all of the other guitars being used through my GT-8 didn't create any feedback.

When I use my bridge pup, I get a very high pitched squeal. I think I know what the problem is, I'm just asking for a quick cheap remedy.

The "cloth" around the pup is worn down. It's torn and doesn't come down all the way. I don't have enough money for a new pup right now.. So I was wondering if I simply wrapped electrical tape around the pup if that would help reduce the feedback. I'm pretty sure it's originating from the lack of the pup being closed off. I wasn't sure if this would work, though. Does the cloth have anything special in it that prevents feedback? Will the electrical tape work?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by harryyyy
it will if you believe it will

?

What was the point of that? Postcount+1??

-_-
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

i have an ibanez with humbuckers in neck and bridge and a single coil in mid.

The bridge and neck pups are fine and can handle high volumes and lots of distortion easily, however, put it on the mid and it squeals like a mother f***er. Im not too bothered however, because its a strat style single coil pickup for playing either clean or bluesy stuff on, which i knew when i bought the guitar.

So it could be the pickup and how its made???

If not, take it into a guitar shop and show them what you mean.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
If it's a Strat style, the bridge pickup is usually the hottest, so maybe it's just built that way.

If not, you could take it in and have a tech check it out.
It may be because your bridge pickup is turning microphonic. The symptoms you describe can cause this. The cloth around the pickup has a wax in it that prevents feedback.
Check this tutorial to fix it (requires some work & handiness however, might be easier to have it done by a tech):
http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/index.php