So do any of you UG'ers use this?
Is it worth the money?
I'll be using this for recording guitar only, so this should do the job.

If there are any other good affordable recording devices let me know.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
I have a Toneport UX1 and I love it, it has great quality and the price isn't that bad.

Edit: ****, I didn't realize you were asking for the GX models, but I heard good stuff about them.
I did a review of one of the toneport interfaces, the UX1 which is the same thing only more inputs and outputs.

I dont think they are worth the money...the GX is fairly low though.
The drivers for vista crash randomly...and quite often (which is why i sold my product...)
Gearbox has some ok clean sounds but the distortions are not all that great...(too muddy or twangy for my taste)

M-audio makes good products for the price and their drivers are dead on for XP and vista.
Last edited by moody07747 at Mar 25, 2008,
I've got the GX, and its pretty decent.

The software you get with it isn't the best though, so I basically put my pedalboard through it, and it sounds a lot better. For the price though, I think its worth getting.
Thanks for that. I might see if i can pick up a cheap one from Ebay
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

- John Coltrane
Sorry to bring this up again, but would it be possible to use the Line Out on my amp and through the Toneport, instead of my guitar?
Quote by thsrayas

- John Coltrane
The toneport is more made around using instruments directly into it but you can try running a record/line/headphone out on the amp to the front of the GX interface and bypass any FX in gearbox with the power shaped button"
Ok, thanks again.
Quote by thsrayas

- John Coltrane