I'm kinda confused here, because I've been playing guitar for a year now, and from what I've seen from other people, I'm not as good as I'm supposed to be.

I only learned music from tabs so that might set me back a little but I'm wondering, after a year of playing, how good should one be.

By the way, 100,000 thread, I believe.
Everyone moves at different paces. Don't worry about how good you should be. You'll get better, trust me. What songs can you play?

EDIT: And learning songs from tabs is normal. Well, i do it at least. I can't read sheet music for the life of me.
after a year? of lead or rhythm?
Of lead? then you should be able to play, at least all of avenged sevenfold's discography and some of the leads in Through the fire and flames by Dragonforce.
Year Two: you should be able to play anything you want to.

Rhythm: You made a big mistake. Start your counter over and play some dream theatre. Practice at least 8 hours a day.

EDIT: ^ Yes. It is a contest. More like a mix between contest and expression. I've been playing for 10 years.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I can play almost all of Stairway to Heaven, (can't quite get the solo.) Wish you were here, most of Comfortably Numb, Californication, all of Green Day/Blink 182, and that's pretty much all I can remember.
Quote by MVP0079
I'm kinda confused here, because I've been playing guitar for a year now, and from what I've seen from other people, I'm not as good as I'm supposed to be.

I only learned music from tabs so that might set me back a little but I'm wondering, after a year of playing, how good should one be.

By the way, 100,000 thread, I believe.

I feel exact the same, but it's only when I try to play a song that's too hard for me, but then I just play some other songs and suddenly I can play that other song :S

Sorry for my english hope you can understand it.
dude, ive been playing guitar for like 13 years, taught myself, have very little natural talent, but i have fun, and thats the part that matters, besides.. when u realize u'll never make it as a guitar player, just find two guys who have been playing live for 30 years like i did and pick up a bass and start a band with them lol
...even when i'm sleepin' i'm keepin' it real.
Quote by MVP0079
I can play almost all of Stairway to Heaven

You can do something that I can't!

Some people learn much quicker than others. I stopped playing for a whole year just after I got a guitar because I couldn't play anything. Keep at it.