The jury's still deliberating on Razorbacks. A lot of people say that they're great looking, great sounding metal guitars. Others say that they're flashy- looking pieces of crap. I'm a little worried about the trem, though- all it says is "locking". Sounds like a cheap Dean Floyd ripoff to me.
If the price was minor, it would probably just be one of those 'look-at-me'-guitar's that's all about the look, but the price aint that low, and that should say something about the quallity! And if it
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
..sounds like a cheap Dean Floyd ripoff..
then hey! The world aint all evil! This might just be good quallity to a low price Also i've heard that those guitar has an awesome sound, and is a great metal guitar.. so if you like and play metal have the money... go for it
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Last edited by TheKermal at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by TheKermal
If the price was minor, it would probably just be one of those 'look-at-me'-guitar's that's all about the look, but the price aint that low, and that should say something about the quallity! Also i've heard that those guitar has an awesome sound, and is a great metal guitar.. so if you like and play metal have the money... go for it

Yeah, about that... that assumption is often misguided. Look at the Gibson SG Specials- They're around $700- $800, and they say Gibson, so they must sound great! Wrong. You're much better off getting an Agile or another LP copy, or even a higher- end Epi.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The jury's still deliberating on Razorbacks. A lot of people say that they're great looking, great sounding metal guitars. Others say that they're flashy- looking pieces of crap. I'm a little worried about the trem, though- all it says is "locking". Sounds like a cheap Dean Floyd ripoff to me.

People say that because they have no sense of value or are black or white thinkers. A caravan isn't a five star hotel, but both make sense in the holiday market. They are certainly not crap. Another thread not about music, but about money. Posers guitars tend to be slightly overpriced - but you would be near enough getting your money's worth..
Stop showing off and play the music!
don't get it. most dean guitars are poorly made, and you'd be better off getting a strat or an SG for the same price.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Quote by Jangles5150
don't get it. most dean guitars are poorly made, and you'd be better off getting a strat or an SG for the same price.

Okay, I can see the logic behind not getting a Dean, but a Strat or an SG? Really? He's apparently looking for a metal guitar, and Strats aren't suited for metal whatsoever. An SG would be better, but still not anywhere near what he's looking for. In this price range, he should be looking at higher- end Schecters, Ibanezes, or maybe ESP's.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Okay, I can see the logic behind not getting a Dean, but a Strat or an SG? Really? He's apparently looking for a metal guitar, and Strats aren't suited for metal whatsoever. An SG would be better, but still not anywhere near what he's looking for. In this price range, he should be looking at higher- end Schecters, Ibanezes, or maybe ESP's.

i didn't mean strats or SGs specifically, i meant he could get a better guitar for the same, or a lower, price. i think he could get a really nice ibanez for that price.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Eventhough V's can be comfortable when sitting down, most of the time I spent playing the Razorback V I was wrestling with the guitar to stay on my lap.

Also, the wiring on the one I tried was a bit dodgy.

Overall, I didn't like it a lot; it was pretty uncomfortable, the pickups weren't that great and the trem seems to be a cheap LFR.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
They are great guitars. I'd say go for it if you have the money.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
if you do get the dean flying V i just want to let you know it's going to be a pain in the arse the sit with it in your lap..i've played a flying V sitting down and it's hard as hell...if your going to be sitting all the time when your playing DO NOT go for the flying V.....get somthing like a jackson dinky or schector hellraiser or an LTD or somthing but if your going to be standing up when you play go for the flying V but if your sitting don't get it

and one more thing......

if dean guitars was soo bad and poorly made why did dime bag and muiltipul others use them on stage??
Quote by Platinum Pro
if you do get the dean flying V i just want to let you know it's going to be a pain in the arse the sit with it in your lap..i've played a flying V sitting down and it's hard as hell...if your going to be sitting all the time when your playing DO NOT go for the flying V.....get somthing like a jackson dinky or schector hellraiser or an LTD or somthing but if your going to be standing up when you play go for the flying V but if your sitting don't get it

and one more thing......

if dean guitars was soo bad and poorly made why did dime bag and muiltipul others use them on stage??

Because they're paid to. Anyway, I highly doubt that Dime's ML's had crappy LFR's in them. Anyway, I hope you're not hinting that Dime had an especially good tone. God, I hope that's not what you're hinting.
If the body is big enough I'll find it comfortable. That is my major issue, is if it will be comfortable. But like I said the guy who reviewed said it had a HUGE body, so I'm happy about that. I don't use a whammy that othen when I play guitars with Floyds. Plus 24 frets, EMGs, and a set neck. So I'm really liking this guitar.
Quote by archenemy_no.1
If the body is big enough I'll find it comfortable. That is my major issue, is if it will be comfortable. But like I said the guy who reviewed said it had a HUGE body, so I'm happy about that. I don't use a whammy that othen when I play guitars with Floyds. Plus 24 frets, EMGs, and a set neck. So I'm really liking this guitar.

You can get all that with a reputable build quality if you get this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134

Plus, it's $200 less.
Quote by Platinum Pro

and one more thing......

i play my V sitting down all the time...i love it.

dont make sweeping statement just because your balls havent dropped and you cant handle a V.

TS: dont get the dean V, there are plenty of guitars in that price range that are far superior in quality.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels