Page 1 of 3
... a Line 6 spider 3 120 watt .
I always thought of stories like mine as 'ahh, that's never gonna happen to me !' when i read them.... but it did.

unfortunately there isn't a return policy of the store where he got it, so he can't return it. besides, he wouldn't return it anyway because he thinks it's awesome...

for those who are thinking i said it sucks or something to him, i didn't , i just said it isn't really the amp that i would have bought if i were him.

i know this is a pointless thread, but i just felt like getting this off my chest...

Last edited by The red Strat. at Mar 25, 2008,
the line 6 amps aren't bad, especially not the spider III, so i don't see what the problem is. what style of music do you play?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
i agree with the above statement, i have a spider 150 and its bad ass ive had it for almost a year now and its still kicking and line 6 isnt terrible we play at pretty big venus and its loud, tell him to get the FBV foot pedal and he will love life and his new amp.
When I think of all of the friends I have in my life, I have to thank beer?I really can?t stand a lot of them, but when they bring over a 12 pack, it is really nice to see them
The phrase is "getting this off my chest."
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by Jangles5150
the line 6 amps aren't bad, especially not the spider III, so i don't see what the problem is. what style of music do you play?

we play lots of different styles, but mostly funk, blues, classis and modern rock.

trust me, they are bad... i knew they weren't anything to write home about because of earlier experiences i had with it, but now i really know how it sounds...

Quote by pavel
The phrase is "getting this off my chest."

ah, thanks
Its not that they are so amazingly bad as everyone says that makes it a stupid buy. For the money there are way better amps out there. Also its a 120 watt SS amp that will sound worse the louder it gets, so they play a show it won't sound that great. I personally hate Line 6 for having so many amps that are so loud. They sound good for a bedroom practice amp but they suck after that.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
God, that sucks, bro... I thought I had it bad, my other guitarist insists on using a Boss ME- 50 on a setting that sounds almost exactly like the Spider's "Insane" channel though his Valveking. I eventually told him "Dude... just play straight through your amp."
They're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. I've gigged my Spider II with an Ibanez SM7 for gain, and I got compliments about how good my tone was.
What amp do YOU have again?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Lolage, my old band had 3 guitarists, 2 of which had 120 watt spider IIs, i felt much worse Thankfully I left, and my current band is sticking to valves. =)

Sabotage it.
Quote by The red Strat.
we play lots of different styles, but mostly funk, blues, classis and modern rock.

trust me, they are bad... i knew they weren't anything to write home about because of earlier experiences i had with it, but now i really know how it sounds...

ah, thanks

one of the guitar players in my band has a spider II, and it sounds great. you are right, it isn't an amp made for funk. what specific problems do you have with it?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Quote by aisle5guitar
i agree with the above statement, i have a spider 150 and its bad ass ive had it for almost a year now and its still kicking and line 6 isnt terrible we play at pretty big venus and its loud, tell him to get the FBV foot pedal and he will love life and his new amp.

The thing is, most of the people who happily own Spiders make us tone nazis run and cover our ears when you plug into them. YOU might like them, but WE think they sound like ass.
Quote by Yngwi3
What amp do YOU have again?

fender blues deluxe. why ?

Quote by beckyjc
Lolage, my old band had 3 guitarists, 2 of which had 120 watt spider IIs, i felt much worse Thankfully I left, and my current band is sticking to valves. =)

Sabotage it.

haha, that's quite an idea

meh, he'll just get it fixed and i'd feel bad because i screwed with his amp.
but great idea nontheless

Quote by Jangles5150
one of the guitar players in my band has a spider II, and it sounds great. you are right, it isn't an amp made for funk. what specific problems do you have with it?

it sounds harsh, thin, unresponsive and digital.
Quote by beckyjc
Sabotage it.
This.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
You have my sympathy.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by The red Strat.

haha, that's quite an idea

meh, he'll just get it fixed and i'd feel bad because i screwed with his amp.
but great idea nontheless

it sounds harsh, thin, unresponsive and digital.

Its his fault for being an idiot with no sense of tone.

To prove a point keep turning your Fender up louder than his at practice.
Quote by beckyjc
Sabotage it.

This. The next time you play a gig, have it get "stolen". How tall is the biggest building around you?
Fortunately for you he's not the only guitarist in the world...
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by beckyjc
Its his fault for being an idiot with no sense of tone.

To prove a point keep turning your Fender up louder than his at practice.

ahh yes, brilliant idea

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This. The next time you play a gig, have it get "stolen". How tall is the biggest building around you?

ohh i didn't expect so much helpful ideas in this thread .
erm, 25 meters ? i dunno, why ?
That must really suck dude, a friend of mine bought a Marshall MG100DFX COMBO theother week, even after i offered him my old JCM800 combo for £300!!

I just dont seem to understand how people can buy such bad amps, of how guitar stores can sell them. there must be some people with no coincience in the world......
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by The red Strat.
ahh yes, brilliant idea

ohh i didn't expect so much helpful ideas in this thread .
erm, 25 meters ? i dunno, why ?

25 meters... that's about 80- 90 feet, right?

Time to see just how sturdily built Spiders are.
Quote by Kendall
Fortunately for you he's not the only guitarist in the world...

There is wisdom deep in this statement......;

must find it
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

hmm interesting, although i'm not sure if he'll agree with throwing it down
Quote by The red Strat.
hmm interesting, although i'm not sure if he'll agree with throwing it down

You were planning on letting him know you were sabotaging his amp? You're not very good at this, are you?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
You were planning on letting him know you were sabotaging his amp? You're not very good at this, are you?

not really, no

now to find an amp assassin to steal and throw it off a roof while we're gigging...
Quote by The red Strat.

Quote by The red Strat.
besides, he wouldn't return it anyway because he thinks it's awesome...

Tell him to crank teh spiderzzz
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The red strat, i just noticed your sig.......

i think it should say: Will it Blend? Line 6 Spider III

My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

WHAT IF IT LIVESSS???

Better set it on fire too. Just to be sure.
Quote by Yngwi3
Tell him to crank teh spiderzzz

meh, he won't notice the difference. he's quite the definition of 'tone deaf'

Quote by loki_lulamen
The red strat, i just noticed your sig.......

i think it should say: Will it Blend? Line 6 Spider III

done

Quote by beckyjc
WHAT IF IT LIVESSS???

Better set it on fire too. Just to be sure.

will do. that'll probably cost me a bonus though...
I have the same problem with the other guitarist in my band, only he has an MG halfstack not the Line 6. Either way both are bad. The guy I know keeps making the same bloody excuse "if it aint broke, don't fix it" and I keep saying "it aint broke, it just sucks, and if it was to break, you couldn't fix it!". I'm thinking of incorporating the "stolen" idea at our gig tomorrow. Or perhaps I might just accidently spill my drink on it while it's plugged in. Or do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCSw-KDVjQ
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by loki_lulamen
That must really suck dude, a friend of mine bought a Marshall MG100DFX COMBO theother week, even after i offered him my old JCM800 combo for £300!!

Quoting my friend who prefer an MG over a HotRodDeluxe: "It fuzz and buzz and 'cover' mistake"
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Well you are gonna have to help him get decent tones out of it, you are both in the same band, its no good you sounding great and him sounding crap. The overall sound off the band is what counts.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Kick him out the band until he comes to his senses

Then when he does do what beckyjc told you
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
If he's the same age as you he's only 14 so you can give him a break.

Did you give him any guidance?

If not he probably went into a store and got mobbed by commission making hermits.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Platinum Pro
dude.... line 6 spiders aren't that bad at all i don't know why they get such bad reviews

this man is a genius. and i agree.
Quote by Platinum Pro
dude.... line 6 spiders aren't that bad at all i don't know why they get such bad reviews

Says the guy playing a Warlock through an Ibanez Tone Blaster
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
I have the same problem with the other guitarist in my band, only he has an MG halfstack not the Line 6. Either way both are bad. The guy I know keeps making the same bloody excuse "if it aint broke, don't fix it" and I keep saying "it aint broke, it just sucks, and if it was to break, you couldn't fix it!". I'm thinking of incorporating the "stolen" idea at our gig tomorrow. Or perhaps I might just accidently spill my drink on it while it's plugged in. Or do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCSw-KDVjQ

What's with the woman commentating? :/

"Good job the audience were expecting hard rock, because he was a headbanger!"

Wonder how long it took them to think up that one...

Anyway, you should just let the guy realise that it sucks in his own time, rather than trying to make him get rid of it/burning it/throwing it off a tall building.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Page 1 of 3