i just bought this old gibson amp from my friend for 50$ The model is Gibson Plus 50.
theres not much info about it all i could find is that.

it is a ss slave amp
50 watts
2x10 speakers
1966-1967
made in Kalamazoo Michigan

im told that i can hook it up to my vox but im not exactly sure how to do it becuase there is an input and output and i dont know if i plug it into the line or the input of my vox. i dont want to fry something.

its pretty cool i think it was one of the first ss amps they made. heres some pics

Cool.
Don't even bother plugging it into any more speakers. 2 12 inchers are fine.
How does it sound?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Cool.
Don't even bother plugging it into any more speakers. 2 12 inchers are fine.
How does it sound?

yeah thats the thing it doesnt have any tone knobs its supposed to run off the amp you plug into. it sounds pretty nice for like clean blues and beatles stuff but for anything else it doesnt sound very good. i plugged my metal muff though and it brings it up to a nice dark distortion almost like vox ac amp.
Oh...
So you're saying that you need to run a preamp with it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Way back when, it wasn't uncommon to find an amp with a "slave out" for slaving it to other power amps (I think the Soldano SLO is about the only modern production amp with one). You should be able to invest in a decent tube preamp and have a nice little rig in the works.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Way back when, it wasn't uncommon to find an amp with a "slave out" for slaving it to other power amps (I think the Soldano SLO is about the only modern production amp with one). You should be able to invest in a decent tube preamp and have a nice little rig in the works.

I think one of the Randall RGs has a Slave out but I'm not sure.
Tech 21 does an amp like that now too. I find Multi Effects units like the Boss GT8/GT10 or Line 6 POD work well for stuff like that, or you could go with a full blown tube powered rack unit like a Mesa Triaxis, ADA MP1, Rocktron Piranha, etc.
Quote by Kendall

Quite a few amps have Slave outs, actually. My laney does.
do you think its worth some money? ive been cranking it to 11 and i dont want to blow it it its worth alot.