just went to the store like an hour ago and took MY SG and MY bad monkey OD and gave the mini stack blackheart a demo...

all i can say is WOW....for $300 is this really true!? i cranked the amp on it's own and it was SOOO NIIIICE!!! very vintage like but at the same time could get modern hard rock and 80s metal just on it's own!!
threw the bad monkey in front of it and it was even sweeter, though really dark metal would probably need a metal muff. on it's own i got a cranked JCM800 type sound, really sounded good doing Killing in the Name. all the other stuff i played on it was just my own and it's killer for hard rock and blues. clean was very nice but i didn't do too much on that.

as for the EQ, it was responsive, but i dont know if was as responsive as it could have been. EQ on the OD pedal takes care of this though.

volume wise- i asked if i could shut the doors and crank it and they were more than happy to let me. it sounds like it could handle a band really it does. but that day will come soon enough.

i do have a question tho, how do you run this through a PA system? just one of the cab jacks? and if so, how would i know which one?

they matched MF's price so i got $100 knocked off, and put $70 down on it. so within a month or so i'll have it and have pics up too! though it probably wont be quite as versatile as my RM50 and definitely NOT louder than 50 watts. but with this i'll be able to crank it more!! and it can definitely go in my dorm room and everywhere else without transportation hassle! it's sexy an i love how it's a lil mini stack!

not the MOST descriptive review but hope it helps.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yea but it's not as much on the darker sounding side, more like 80s hair metal. kinda like Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, G N' R.

for stuff like megadeth and metallica, use an OD while you got it cranked and it's much better for that stuff.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
How dare you call GNR hair metal and include them with the likes of Motley Crue and Quiet Riot. Yuck. Other than that, it's nice to hear that the Blackheart isn't a dissapointment like the Windsor studio has seemed to have been.
G N R is my fave band and i know what ur saying. just usually everyone here on UG associates their sound mostly w/ hair metal b/c of the tiem period they debuted in.

if i were to say that the little giant gets "Kick a$$, take no names, f*ck ur sister in her bed while ur in the other room" tone then hardly anyone would know who i'm talking bout.

lol sorry to offend. and ur right....motley crue is a JOKE compared to G NR or any other band for that matter...tho i do like some of their stuff.

oh and since we mentioned QR, RIP Randy Rhodes!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Cool. I was waiting for more insight from someone on the sound of one of these. Would you say that its giggable?
Quote by slash_rocks2005
motley crue is a JOKE compared to G NR or any other band for that matter...

Do note that had there not been bands such as Motley Crue, Ratt, and Cinderella, there probably wouldn't have been a GNR. Motley Crue basically created the market that GNR dominated after their inception.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
WHOA WHOA WHOA. motley crue didn't set NOTHIN for the Guns. the guns sound was already developing in 84' w/ axl's Hollywood Rose.

G N R became what it did b/c of Skynyrd, Jeff Beck, the Stones, and older punk music like the ramones.

motley crue just happened to form and become a hit before them.

oh and yea this amp isn't really GIGGABLE less you have a PA system to mic it to. it sounded loud enough to get over drums and a band, but if you plan on using this for a lotta gigging by cranking it, you'll burn through tubes like a warm knife through cold butter.

but i'll know that for sure when i get it home and try some jamming
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
WHOA WHOA WHOA. motley crue didn't set NOTHIN for the Guns. the guns sound was already developing in 84' w/ axl's Hollywood Rose.

G N R became what it did b/c of Skynyrd, Jeff Beck, the Stones, and older punk music like the ramones.

motley crue just happened to form and become a hit before them.

I'm not saying they influenced the sound, I'm saying that they created the market. Motley Crue was the first significant 80's metal band to emerge from LA, and they brought widespread attention to the Sunset Strip scene by proving that it was a marketable hotspot for musicians looking to form metal bands. Rose didn't relocate to LA until after the scene was blowing up and it was well known that LA was an aspiring metal musician's best shot. It has nothing to do with the pre-GNR development, it has everything to do with the fact that had Motley Crue not attracted so much attention in 1981, it's likely that 80's metal would have taken a completely different turn and possible that Rose would have just as easily moved to NY or London had that been the case.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
This thread turned into epic fail.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
hmm its cool u know some history of rock an all but i didn't think the thread was gonna be a discussion of the Strip.

anyways, does anyone know if there's supposed to be a 30 watt Blackheart out eventually? or is it just the Hot Head that can do 30? i know it has multiple modes for switching to like four different wattages
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
BlackHeart came out with a 1 watt head with only a volume knob (like a Valve Junior) and a 15 watt head (I think) with a few more controls than the 5 watter. They are also now making a 100 watt head.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i think youll find mick mars (as much as he looks like a warming corpse) is a highly intelligent player and is probably more technically advanced than Slash.

when it comes down to it - Slash is v.much hype - he's alright and wrote some good riffs but ive seen him on stage with other guitarists and you see him cover things like Zep and i just cringe

but enough of that - they sound ok amps!