ok well my guitar is falling apart what do i do? i have an epiphone sheraton and both the bridge and tailpiece fell off when i was changing strings. i did not figure this to be normal but i put them both back on in which i hoped was the correct way. after restringing my guitar i noticed buzz when i was playing, as my guitar strings are now right against my pickups! is it because of the bridge or tailpiece i have no idea. any advice or should i take it to a guitar shop?
That happens when you take off all the strings at the same time. Sorry.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
sounds like your bridge is too low, just raise it up, there should be some thumb screws on it. Oh, and loosen you strings before you do that.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
You probably need to raise the action, I'm not sure how to do it on that type of bridge though.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
if you took all the strings off at once, it it likely that the tail piece will fall off. with the bridge, just adjust the screws so the height of the bridge is altered. it shouldn't be broken
Go ahead and take it to a guitar shop, they can tell you what happened and how to prevent it from happening again.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Go to the guitar-shop and let them fix it, maybe expensive but you should learn your lesson: Next time, don't take all the strings off at the same time while changing.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
if you do need to take all the strings off, eg when you want to clean the fretboard etc, then detune them one by one until they are loose, then cut them between the pickups. do this for each string, and try not to muck about with the hardware when you are changing strings.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50