Hey everyone. I need some help. I have all the components I need to record my stuff at home, but I'm unsure of how to get it all setup in terms of cables.

Here's what I have so far.

Alesis UltraMix 8 (USB to computer)
Line 6 Guitar Port (USB to computer)
Reel to Reel (from 1967...no USB...have to go into mixer through AUX jacks)
Mic's (XLR and 1/4inch)
Soundcard (Sound Blaster X-Fi - the one with that front end thing and remote)
Cubase SX-3
Guitar Rig 3
Sonar 6 Producer
Fruity Loops 7 XXL Producer

If you look up the mixer I have, you'll see all the plugs it has...I guess I'm a little confused by them all...)

What I would like in the end (if possible) is to have The mixer into the computer, and the Guitar port into the computer seperatly...but at the same time...that way when I go into Sonar or Cubase I can just select which one I would like to record with...Guitar Port for guitar, the mixer for vocals and keyboards.

I would also like to have it set so that not only can I record to my computer, but have the Reel to Reel plugged into the mixer so I can record onto that as well...and record onto it from the computer if possible. I have two sets of speakers, one being my main set, and another just kicking around. It would be cool to keep my main set as my primary speakers, so I can listen to my mp3's through my computer as well as listen to my Guitar Port playback (which I can currently do), and have the spare set acting as monitors for my vocals VIA the mixer.

Sound confusing? Well, I'm sure stumped. I have a box of all different kinds of cables and stuff, so if I need things like 1/8th inch to 1/4inch or to RCA (red and whites) I have those. Please guys, I'm begging you for help!
-83 Floating Cubes-
SG Commando #83
if you want the guitarport and ultramiox at the same time, youll need a soundcard that can take two channels of XLR audio. my question is, why dont you just run your guitarport into the mixer, and the mixer into the computer? i dont see any real need to want to switch back and forth between your front end inputs, as everything can go through the mixer anyways....
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989
if you want the guitarport and ultramiox at the same time, youll need a soundcard that can take two channels of XLR audio. my question is, why dont you just run your guitarport into the mixer, and the mixer into the computer? i dont see any real need to want to switch back and forth between your front end inputs, as everything can go through the mixer anyways....

If I can run the guitar port into the mixer (which I was thinking about...the mixer does have 2Track RCA in's and out's as well as a 1/8 inch jack which I can plug into one of the line in channels using a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch cable...if that would work?) that would be great. But wouldn't I need to have the guitar port plugged into one of my USB ports so that Cubase and Sonar will recognize it?
-83 Floating Cubes-
SG Commando #83