---2-4-7-----------
----------------
----------------
----------------

What are they called?

There is also ones that go like

E--2-3-5-------------
B--3-5-7--------------

I know there is a special word for them, just forget it, thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
the two examples you showed are different things...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989
the two examples you showed are different things...

I know, I wanted to know what both were.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Umm, intervals for the second one? And the first one is a diatonic chord or something, I probably have it wrong but hey I'm crap at theory.
Quote by theargus11
double stops

Yeah, i think that's it...

Is there any rules to it, or is it just playing two notes together. How do you know what sounds good, is it specific intervals or something?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
double stops are just playing two notes at a time. it's up to you for the interval. They are generally 3rd's, minor 3rds, and 5ths.
Alright thanks guys.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
i thought double stops was BENDING two notes at once
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989
i thought double stops was BENDING two notes at once

No, that's the aptly-named "double stop bend".

A double stop is just playing two notes simultaneously.
Yea sets of two notes like you have shown can be referred to as dyads or double stops
Quote by theargus11
double stops are just playing two notes at a time. it's up to you for the interval. They are generally 3rd's, minor 3rds, and 5ths.

and 4th are used in rock and metal
All the intervals can be used and have their own sound. 3rds and 6ths are by far the most common in classical music (since you can have parallel 6ths, unlike parallel 5ths and 8ths, which you want to avoid), but 5ths (and thus 4ths by inversion) are also quite common (though, if you're trying to follow voice leading rules you don't want two fifths in a row). In contemporary music though anything goes. Each interval has it's own qualities and tendencies...play around with different ones and see how they sound to you.
Quote by branny1982
The first ones look like harmonised diatonic 6ths.

The second ones are harmonised diatonic 3rds.

Exactly.
Quote by RockFreak000
and 4th are used in rock and metal

3rds and 4ths, generally. I prefer using the thirds, but I want to find some cool new ways to harmonize.
I think they're called double stops. Or just harmonys.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by Avedas
3rds and 4ths, generally. I prefer using the thirds, but I want to find some cool new ways to harmonize.

Take some classical counterpoint courses and incorporate it. It will teach you how to write two harmonic lines which use parallel, similar, contrary and oblique motion.