I've been playing an acoustic steel string for over a year, now I'm looking to get a electric guitar, I'm little short on the money side, this is the most attractive guitar I've found that I have the money for.

Here is the deal.

Good or not good, to someone who's been only playing a steel string acoustic? Thanks for the help. Hate sounding like a noob to guitars but I don't want to get screwed on my first electric.
Yeah thats a really amazing deal! Go for it!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
yes, it looks good, but you dont know how it is going to sound. by the looks of it, the neck is screwed on, but i dont know if that is significant but i thought that epiphones had glued on necks.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Yes it seems like a fine deal, however here's something to think about. Guitar starter packs like this have poor quality instruments, which in the long run are actually more difficult to play (as you may well know from owning acoustics). If you really plan on playing electric, you will outgrow this instrument in a matter of months (if not weeks depending on how advanced you are at acoustic).

My advice, wait and save up for a "entry level" guitar like standard stratocaster or comparable epiphone in the 300-400 range. These guitars are much more playable, and can be upgraded in the future as their basic components (neck, body, build) are of good quality. Essentially what I'm saying is that this guitar you are looking at is a waste of money. You will be wishing you'd saved 200 more dollars to buy something better. As for the amp, get a cheapo, as dirt cheap as you can find. You can read many past forum discussions. Generally all amps under a certain price range are crap, and get replaced eventually. So if you spend $35 used or $100 for a couple bells and whistles, its still going to be a POS.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
oh yeah, good luck!
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I'm with the guy that said save more money and get a better guitar. You can get a pretty good starter rig for about 600 (nice little 30 W Traynor and maybe a Standard Strat or Epi LP Standard). In the long run, that is far better than that starter kit, and will last you a lot longer and you'll probably be happier overall with it. just a suggestion.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix