I came across and bought a guitar for 100 dollars It has a beautiful sound and strange shape it is a vantage model #CL15DK serial #83030910 all I know is it was made in japan ive owned it for a year and never tire of it but have never seen another one and most guitar people I have talked to have never even Heard of the company anyone here know anything??????
pics? vantage makes really crappy guitars in stupid shapes. it's probably the invader, the stupidest shape they offer.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
yeah vantage make stupid shaped guitars, but they are crap though.
This vantage is not an electric I have no camera so leme do the best to explain this neck is about 2 foot long, and about 3 inches wide, body is about 4 and a half inches thick, it is rounded over on top and curves like a stereotypical acoustic on bottom best I can do folks sorry.
Sorry, but this isn't going to help anyone identify it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I work as a guitar tech, and I recently got this guitar in for repairs... I was curious about the manufactorer, and found this thread. I think the guitar I have is the same as the one mentioned above... Here's a pic...

Anyone know anything about these?
All cape, no superman.
Holy sht, that's ugly. I mean uh.. yea thats rare
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
This appears to be a Gianinni knock off
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
^thats what I was thinking to. Those old Gianinni guitars look ugly but they sure do sound nice.
Not taking any online orders.
Last time I checked Vantage was a registered trademark owned (but nowadays hardly used) by Samick of Korea, well known for producing great numbers of very reasonably priced guitars, amps, fiddles and bows.
It is quite possible that your Vantage has nothing to do with Samick though. And even if there is a connection, this doesn't necessarily render this particular guitar worthless.

Problem is that there is no Samick cult. They don't brag about their company history on fancy websites and there are no forums of excited owners exchanging information, so it is hard to learn more about these guitars.
Looking at the guitar pictured above makes me think this situation is highly unjustified.
One thing to say that was helpful about this post is... Gianinni Guitars and that this is a copy.

Many of you are fairly closed minded and none-too-bright.

Vantage Guitars are now owned by Samick and they don't use the name anymore.

Vantage Guitars WAS founded by Matsumoku Japan, partnering company of Aria Guitars. This particular guitar was produced in Japan in the very early-early 80's and for $100.00... it's quite a steal.

I own one of these Gianinni knock-offs as well and I LOVE this guitar.

Sometimes: aesthetics with ergonomics and acoustic properties don't mesh too well. This is one of those times. But... this IS one of the most comfortable (ergonomics) guitars to play and the tone (acoustic properties) really is killer. This particular "teardrop" style has a very punchy bass with a focused mid-range and a tight, chimey high-end, reminding one of Selmer-Maccaferri Gypsy style guitars.

Not ALL Vantage Guitars SUCK or are CRAP nor are they STUPID SHAPES . OK... some of them are, every company out there DOES have a serious dog in their back-catalog. Vantage guitars, when they were directly knocking off LP, Strats and Teles, they did them well.

Well enough where Matsumoku was the ORIGINAL maker/ manufacturer for Epiphone when Gibson decided to make guitars in Japan. Matsumoku was also the builder of pretty much ALL the guitars of the 70's and 80's for Washburn.

So... Vantage by Matsumoku... can be a fantastic guitar and a great bargain for Japanese craftsmanship.

And, Vantage by Samick... is a Samick. Can/ could be a decent guitar, but you are probably better off saving your money for something else.

The CL15DK is an unusual and VERY fun guitar, certainly nicer than the Chinese copy that Giannini sells for $350 and a better bargain than a Brazilian made one for about $1k.
Last edited by dinein at Nov 26, 2008,
Hm. I think its neat. But sorry I can't help you out with identifying it!
=D
Wow this thread was raised from the dead. By the way is it just me or does it look like the acoustic version of the wangcaster?

That being said, I bet with that shape its extremely comfortable to play sitting down. Just saying.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by quarry
I work as a guitar tech, and I recently got this guitar in for repairs... I was curious about the manufactorer, and found this thread. I think the guitar I have is the same as the one mentioned above... Here's a pic...

Anyone know anything about these?

Looks like horrible birth-defect/horned pacman.
I kinda like it.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Lol I still say its the acoustic wangcaster. I mean, come on, look at it!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray