Which tube overdrive pedal would you recommend me for making my sound my more brutal and for tightening up my low end on my amp? Btw I have a Mesa Boogie F-50 Valve amp. Also if I do get one how should I use it? In the fx loop? Front of the amp? And how should I set the settings on the pedal?

Price doesn't matter really.

I've heard an Ibanez Tube Screamer with the...
Gain on 0 - 1.
Tone on 9 - 10.
Level on 9 - 10.
Works really well.
Use it in the front of the amp, not the FX Loop.
That's where overdrives are suppost to go.
Yeah, does anyone know what model of ibanez tubescreamer I should get, theres more than one model =/
buy a vintage rat you won't be disappointed.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Maybe if he wanted an 80s metal tone on the clean channel of his amp.

please the rat is way more versatile than a ts. you can use it to dirty up your signal a little or drive your tubes full on. the filter knob alone makes it a better pedal. plus there are so many easy mods to further expand your palette of sounds. everyone has a ts, not because they're good but because they're hyped up so much, the "holy grail" of od. they're cheaply constructed and the knobs feel flimsy. imo, tubescreamers are for srv clones only.
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
I'd look into a Maxon OD808, they are really good for tightening amps up. I am trying to find one for my 5150 =D
Nah. SRV barely ever used his TS anyway. His tone was all cranked Super Reverb and hard pick attack. The TS wanted to know some Tubescreamers so I told him the best ones. IMO i wouldn't get a tubescreamer, I would get a Fulltone OCD or some kind of Rangemaster clone.
i finally just dialed in a tone i like off my crate with a boss sd-1

i got this pedal from a friend and it really tightened up my sound but theres prolly better options
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.