Ok guys I need help...I know there have probably been similar threads to this but sometimes you just need fresh opinions and ideas...

So I have been playing guitar for like 12 years...on and off. I stopped for about a year once...and I used to tour regularly so my chops and technique practicing went on hold for a couple of years while we were all dedicated and ****. So now I have time out from bands and I want to practice, but I can't seem to think of cool things to expand my horizons...

I have looked at shred books (Petrucci etc) and it's not really for me...I don;t want to practice scale and fragments to a metronome 8 hours a day...

Sooo what I'm saying is does anyone have some cool ideas of stuff to learn or practice? Something innovative and interesting...different..you know..just I guess, exciting! I love guitar and playing but I need new things..all the time!

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance dudes...

cheers.
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
Classical and Jazz, definitely.

I find Classical guitar highly addictive and fun.

What's that guy's name...Carlos Valmos? He does that crazy but meloic acoustic stuff.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Cool thanks I'll check him out! In the guitary sense of course....
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm-vxGgFf4

Here you go, man.

Carlos Vamos is the name.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
maybe try some slide guitar or fingerpicking.

or you could get into styles you are not familiar with: reggae, bluegrass, flamenco, jazz, classical, country, funk, r&b, etc. and you could work on extend improvs and such.
Jazz guitar will stimulate your mental musical understanding as well as your physical chops. Learn to feel the music.

It's something everyone who wants to be called a musician needs to do.
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.