Babylou
285 IQ
hey, i was just watching the crossroads dvd (1st one) and on Doyle Bramhall's lefty strat, is it me or are his treble strings were the bass strings should be and vice versa? please could someone shed some light on this for me? much appreciated,
Lewis
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
If they were, he wasn't the first. Some people just learn left handed that way.

MONSTA EDIT:

I think it's just how he learned.
Last edited by ze monsta at Mar 25, 2008,
david_highland
idiot
142 IQ
I'm not to keen on that guy, he's kick ass if he's who I'm thinking of, and if he is then yes he's playing a righty guitar lefty.
Babylou
285 IQ
right thats what i thought, is there any advantage what so ever in they way he plays because if the treble strings are on top, that means he has less access because the upper horn is further out?
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
Probably not in the long run. He's a world class guitarist, obviously, and it's just how he's learned. I don't think he did it to be different or anything. I wouldn't recommend it is that's what you are thinking.
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
No advantages, I don't think it would've been a conscious decision to play that way.. His dad is (was) a famous blues guy too so I think he probably just learned by playing his dad's guitars.

He's a pretty good player, I suppose you have to be to be Clapton's rhythm guitarist.
aetherspear
UG's producer/DJ
1,277 IQ
a few others did this too like Albert King and Dick Dale (i think).
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Hendrix could play this way aswell as regular LH stringing.

Hendrix could play with his tongue while the guitar was between his legs, standing on one foot, while singing.
aetherspear
UG's producer/DJ
1,277 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Hendrix could play with his tongue while the guitar was between his legs, standing on one foot, while singing.

as could guitar slim, t-bone walker, and buddy guy.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by aetherspear
as could guitar slim, t-bone walker, and buddy guy.

As well as chuck berry
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
I know we're getting off-topic but I think it's cool how Hendrix stole all these guys moves, especially Buddy Guys, but none of them care, it's like the ultimate compliment to them.. Imagine all the bitching that would happen if some metal player ripped off someone elses moves. It's so cool how everyone in blues is so laid back and don't have massive egos. Damn I love blues.
Mad_Rocker101
124 IQ
Damn right, thing is metal still sounds about the same so i dont get why they make a fuss about things like moves. Another reason to prefer blues.
sLaShRoCks1314
doesnt like slash anymore
461 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I know we're getting off-topic but I think it's cool how Hendrix stole all these guys moves, especially Buddy Guys, but none of them care, it's like the ultimate compliment to them.. Imagine all the bitching that would happen if some metal player ripped off someone elses moves. It's so cool how everyone in blues is so laid back and don't have massive egos. Damn I love blues.

thats my favorite thing about this forum too... no hate
if you watch the hendrix "hear my train comin'" DVD. some guy talks about how when he saw jimi and he was doing his move (something with feedback) and he thought it was awesome too
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
matt92l
not a registered user....
177 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne
No advantages, I don't think it would've been a conscious decision to play that way.. His dad is (was) a famous blues guy too so I think he probably just learned by playing his dad's guitars.

He's a pretty good player, I suppose you have to be to be Clapton's rhythm guitarist.

i seen an interview with doyle and he says that one of the advantages of playing this way is that its alot easier to bend the strings allowing him to "milk them better"

just to clear it up im a massive bramhall fan
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Beakwithteeth
Wild and Reckless Hobo
671 IQ
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Amen brother. Nothing but respect in this forum.