My buddy is looking to get a new guitar and I've only been playing for a little while. I have an agile al 2000 and a roland micro cube and i would recommend him to at least start with the same, but i saw this on musicians friend.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul100-HiPerformance-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514492

The guitar itself is sold for 287 dollars on the site and I know it was 250 when i was looking at it in the store. Would this be an okay buy seeing as you get the amp and other goodies with it? Or would I be a bad friend for recommending it?
Yep, I'd recommend that. That is a really good amp - I have one myself.
That's actually a pretty decent pack, considering it comes with a tube amp. I'd buy the agile and the VJ personally.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah Id buy it, your only paying like $50 for the guitar if you count in the orginal price of the amp.

any other combination with that amp and another guitar will be more... plus the amp is wayyy better than anything else he'll start out with and is definitely worth it.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
definatel worth it.i've got one of these and it'sbrilliant. my guitar teacher says he prefers it to a gibson studio. you might want to get new pickups though, coz they get a bit muddy after a few gigs. i got a set of seymour duncan distortions for about $200 from thomann. sounds brilliant. so yeah, i'd reccomend it
Yeah, ive been so impressed with the value Ive ended up buying 2 of them, first was £235 3-4 years back, and another early Feb for £150. Im left handed, sure enough they need a pick up and tuners swap out but in that price range, there good. And that packs makes the value even better.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks