No this is not another "is the blackheart amp any good " thread.

I have just a few questions:

I have a fender FM212R and I wanna go tubes without losing to much money ( blackheart) Will it be a huge upgrade ? Cause I usually dont buy anything I didn't test.

Everyones talking about tube amps and stuff and that the blackheart amps are tube amps , but I found this written by the specs : Solid State Rectifer
So what is it now ?

Will I go over a hardsmashing drummer with the 5watt head and matching cab ?
Will I go over a hardsmashing drummer with the 15watt head and cab ?

( remember its still needs to be usefull in my room to and I can only put the volume at 1.5/2 now on my Fender)

Thanks in advance and I hope I can be helped.
PF
It should be able get over the drummer with the 15watt BH
You getting that handsome devil?
Yes, it'll be a huge upgrade. Solidstate rectifier doesn't make it not-tube. alot of tube amps have SS rectifiers. Actually, I believe that when Marshall came out with their 100 watter, it actually had a solidstate rectifier (power and preamp section were tube obviously). Anyways, i'd wait for the 15 watter to come out.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yay , good answers , such things I wanna hear

Anyway I guess its gonna be the 15watt amp then.
Last question(s) :

Combo or Head+cab? ( and why )
Will It be nice on low to very low volume for playing in the room ?

Thanks
Head and cab.
Because it's not much more expensive, and you can switch around cabs.
Yes, it'll be good at bedroom volumes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
OOOh its much more expensive :

Combo : 311 euro

Head : 249 euro

Will it go on the BH112 Cab ? Or maybe the killer Cabinet ? ( thats the cheapest but is made for the Killer Ant , will it make a difference if I put the Devil on it ? )

Killer cab : 110 euro
Blackheart BH112 cab : 135 euro

PF
BH15 Head = 4/8/16 Ohm Speaker Output

BHKiller Cab = 16 Ohm, 30 Watts, 2 x 16 Ohms parallel Speaker Jacks
Bh Bh112 CAB = 5 Watt, 1x12" 75 Watt RMS 16 Ohm

So will the BH15watt head go on both the cabs ? The bh112 cab is only 5 watt or something ? and the killer cab 30 watts ? does this change anything ?
I'm a noob at tubes and stacks , but theres a time you want one somehow

I just want to know which cab I can use with the head best ...
No it didn't Somewhere in April , but I'm looking to already place a pre-order so Im sure about mine.
But can you help me with my cabquestions ?
Quote by PearlFoo
No it didn't Somewhere in April , but I'm looking to already place a pre-order so Im sure about mine.
But can you help me with my cabquestions ?

oh, ok.

and sorry can't help you with the cab question.

Don't want to give you any wrong information

but i think it's best to get the matching cab for the BH 15
The BH112 is a 75 watt rated cab so it will handle anything up to 15 watts with plenty of room to go. I would go with the Handsome Devil + BH112 for sure. I've read a rumor that BH will bundle the BH112 with the HD just like it did with the Little Giant and the same cab and that it will probably discount the cab just a little when you buy them together. This is still a rumor though since sadly nobody is even listing the HD yet

The generally accepted street price here in the states though is $300 for the head and $150 for the cab with NO discount. So that's only $50 more for the Head + Cab vs the $400 combo. Sorry I don't have Euro prices on hand, but I hope this gives you a good idea of the relative cost difference between the two.
sorry to burst your bubble, but a 15 watt probably won't get over a loud drummer. maybe it'll match his volume, but you won't get over him.
get the 15 watt combo bro. no reason to get a seperate head and cab other than it looks cooler. the combos all have speaker out so you can connect any cab you want to it anyways, its much more portable.
Quote by The red Strat.
sorry to burst your bubble, but a 15 watt probably won't get over a loud drummer. maybe it'll match his volume, but you won't get over him.

This is true but, I played with the 40 watt pignose for a while and never got it over 3 on master volume in a loud 4 piece band.

Granted 15 watts will not carry very far but it's fine for practice. And you will most likely end up micing your amp at a gig anyway.

That said, I agree 30-40 is probably better if you need the headroom for greater clarity.
Quote by jcopello
get the 15 watt combo bro. no reason to get a seperate head and cab other than it looks cooler. the combos all have speaker out so you can connect any cab you want to it anyways, its much more portable.

Maybe. Does the combo have multiple outs like the head does? I don't know about the combo, but the head has 16, 2 x 8, and 2 x 4 ohm outs. The combo may only have the one 16 ohm out. Not a big deal if you never plan to split the cabs out and you can commit to 16 ohms, but I think the option of a cab upgrade or extension is nice for relatively small price increase.
Lots of tube amps have solid state rectifiers.
...Bleep Bloop...
the 5 watt combo doesn't have cab outs last time i checked in the store. but i MAY be wrong so don't take my word 100%.

but go with the STACK!!! that's what i got it's pretty sexy.

best part about this amp is when you crank the volume it's like cranking a Marshall!! cranked all the way i could get some awesome Rage Against the Machine tone.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by unclejustin
Maybe. Does the combo have multiple outs like the head does? I don't know about the combo, but the head has 16, 2 x 8, and 2 x 4 ohm outs. The combo may only have the one 16 ohm out. Not a big deal if you never plan to split the cabs out and you can commit to 16 ohms, but I think the option of a cab upgrade or extension is nice for relatively small price increase.

yes, it has multiple outs, 4, 8 and 16 if i remember correctly so in my eyes, theres absolutely no reason to buy the stack other than to look cool or if you just plan to use the head or something

edit- and 15 watts tube will get you over a drummer, just dime it and get maybe a tubesecreamer or fulldrive 2
Last edited by jcopello at Mar 26, 2008,
well i ask for yall's forgiveness then! lol

like i said i wasn't guaranteeing it, just telling what i remembered. that's awesome tho! i was worried bout recommending my future roommate to get the combo (it was all they had left in the shop) b/c i didn't know if it had cab outs for him to use.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by jcopello
yes, it has multiple outs, 4, 8 and 16 if i remember correctly so in my eyes, theres absolutely no reason to buy the stack other than to look cool or if you just plan to use the head or something

edit- and 15 watts tube will get you over a drummer, just dime it and get maybe a tubesecreamer or fulldrive 2

Holy crap! He's totally right. If it has those outs then the combo is definitely the way to go.

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh15112.html

Right there under the specs. Thanks jcopello you just saved me 50 bucks
Quote by unclejustin
Holy crap! He's totally right. If it has those outs then the combo is definitely the way to go.

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh15112.html

Right there under the specs. Thanks jcopello you just saved me 50 bucks

thanks mate! spread the word. ive been looking at the blackhearts for a while now and i think ill be getting a 15 watt combo for kicks pretty soon, they look good to me, my ears will be the judge, just hope more people read this and understand it all