hey, i just uploaded a new song in my profile. it is called improv 2. it was done with audacity. i recorded a chord progression i came up with recently and improved over it. tell me what you think. c4c of course
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
There were a couple of things that could be improved in this. As far as playing is concerned, I think you're fine, more practice could make anybody better. As far as recording is concerned, I think it could be muchhh better. Better recording can make your song way more appealing, and there's a lot of good ways to do it. It sounded like you used a mic (how expensive was the mic anyway?), but it was very quiet. It was a little difficult to distinguish between the solo guitar and the rhythm guitar in a lot of parts, that can be fixed with a better recording job.

Playing was good though. You could use some help in just making your playing a little more memorable with some added character--throw your own style into it and make your own, noticeably. I think that's what's key to some really good song writers, the fact you can recognize it's them within a split second of hearing their song or guitar playing.

crit for crit? mine's a completely different style, but here it goes:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13465408#post13465408
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
yea, i used mic... it was less than $20. i had my amp rather quiet, i was recording in a dorm so i cant be as loud as i would like. and i should definately throw some more distinguished riffs into the song. il have to plan what im playing ahead of time a little bit i suppose. that will be for next time. now il go check out your song
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.