hello everyone. i havent played guitar in about a week and when i went to pick it up today i realized that i can no longer play the way i used to, which is causing me to feel depressed and i no longer feel musically inspired. does anyone have any tips on how to break out of this? thanks!
Being depressed isn't the same as feeling a bit sad.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I don't about losing the zest for playing the guitar but since your title said "writer's block", I learned something to help with that a couple of years back. Just write about why you can't write about something. It usually gets things rolling.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
start slow and maybe learn new stuff?.. if you don't feel inspired playing then listen smth and get inspired
listening to Dark Side of the Moon usually cracks me right out of it. That and playing another instrument and just noodling.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
think about boobies
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
play something you already know well. or maybe listen to something and improv along, you'll feel better about your playing soon.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Being depressed isn't the same as feeling a bit sad.

Agreed. Tbh it sounds just like a bit of frustration at writer's block TS. In the meantime,

Fap.
Quote by guitarman47
hello everyone. i havent played guitar in about a week and when i went to pick it up today i realized that i can no longer play the way i used to, which is causing me to feel depressed and i no longer feel musically inspired. does anyone have any tips on how to break out of this? thanks!

Practice, I know i may sound stupid, but just keep putting the time in and you'll be fine

Keep your head up, you can do it.
Quote by guitarman47

...Only a week? That's no problem, it'll probably just take an hour or so to get warmed up and jammin' again like you where a week earlier.

Quote by octavarium78
think about boobies

your stupid, LMAO!

If you feel like your depressed learn a cool song, forget what you knew before and start over. There's nothing but the future. So don't let the past bring you down.

In other words,
"YOU CAN DO IT!"
lmao
"Its not rape if you like it."
"You have to go..." Reply: "Yess... [gaspy voice] I know..."

Te hee
does the guitar feel like, boring? cause if so get it set up, makes it feel new again

edit A PRS AND A BEHRINGER!!! jesus h christ no wonder, get a tube amp
listen to something you wouldnt normally listen to. it inspires me..
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home