what is a good cheap bass guitar that I could get to just learn a few songs, I already play electric and was just going to learn some Rage Against the Machine songs
Get an ibanez soundgear, they ussually go for about 200 and i thats the cheapest i've seen, or just look around guitar center for their used stuff.
Ibanez. Ibanez is good for beginners, and people needing a quick, cheap bass. Plus their probably the best built cheap basses.
Siggity-sig-sig-sig.
Read the FAQ. Any more questions, come back in here.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Really, you can look on Rondo music and if you're only looking to learn a few songs, then they have some for like 129 or so.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
Really, you can look on Rondo music and if you're only looking to learn a few songs, then they have some for like 129 or so.

Or instead, you could buy a Squier Affinity bass, which costs only $20 more and does not suck terribly.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by kranoscorp
Or instead, you could buy a Squier Affinity bass, which costs only $20 more and does not suck terribly.

But they really do.

Get a Squier Vintage Mod Jazz.
That's cheap, good, and most likely can get you a RATM tone.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Bassface01
Get an ibanez soundgear, they ussually go for about 200 and i thats the cheapest i've seen, or just look around guitar center for their used stuff.

i absolutely agree, a soundgear is a really good option. i own a gsr200, 200 bucks brand new, and definetely worth a lot more. i've had bassists 10x my skill play it and be blown away - and i havent even swapped out the pickups or anything (the pickups are the weak point). the selling feature for this one is the range of tones you can get using the tone knob alone. you really do have to play it to believe it. and for $200. nice.
Geddy Lee kicks your ass.

I saw this Wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, 'Dude, you have to WAIT.'
Quote by dancesisidance
But they really do.

Get a Squier Vintage Mod Jazz.
That's cheap, good, and most likely can get you a RATM tone.

But he wants a really cheap bass, the affinity costs half the price of VM, and yet it is 10x better than any SX.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
But he wants a really cheap bass, the affinity costs half the price of VM, and yet it is 10x better than any SX.

That's not true, I'd have my SX over an affinity anyday.
SX just seem to be very hit and miss with their products, some are good, some suck!
Affinitys are more consistant in that they all suck the same

If it's affinity money we're talking, an ibanez would be much better.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
That's not true, I'd have my SX over an affinity anyday.
SX just seem to be very hit and miss with their products, some are good, some suck!
Affinitys are more consistant in that they all suck the same

If it's affinity money we're talking, an ibanez would be much better.

I entirely disagree. I have never EVER met a SX I have liked. My Squier Aff, however, has a spectacular neck, a nice punchy sound, and is very durable.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke