Page 1 of 2
Dresses the way he does.

We've all heard the one that chickens hurt his face and thats why he wears the mask and he has the remains of dead chickens in the bucket and stuff like that.

I've got my own which i came up with whilst i was watching the crazy bootleg concert which was on the second DVD on Secret recipe.

I think he wears the mask so that only open minded people (open minded towards both music and life in general) who can get past the fact will listen to his music. That kinda separates out the judgmental people and everyone and then everyone who's left gets to bask in his glory so to speak.

K then, now its your turn.
He`s probably black.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
He can wear whatever he likes.

Maybe he's just shy? He refuses to play without a mask and bucket on. Ozzy once prevented him from wearing a mask, so he found some other one and wore that instead.
there is a whole story on his website

+1 to good humor
Facebook.com/Notafluke
He wants to.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Because he is very shy, Brian needed an alter ego to be on stage, so he created Buckethead.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Because he's too cool to be human, if we saw his face it would shatter our perception of reality.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Chobes
Gimmick?

+1, that would be my guess.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by Numerobofis
He is actually Slash from GnR?

Slash aint that tall man.
Because he can. Looking past appearance could be a large part of it, but if I was as well known as he is, I would do that just because I could.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
So he can be weird and musically experimental as Buckethead and normal as Brian Carroll
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by Numerobofis
He is actually Slash from GnR?

+1

Therefore Slash rules the world.

Completely.
buckethead is more than one person

he wears the mask so different people can take over his place
duh
buckethead will live forever
Quote by Vornik
Because he's too cool to be human, if we saw his face it would shatter our perception of reality.

There's a pic of him online.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This. Sorry, fanboys.

The way he play dude, he doesn't need no gimmicks....
He performed the sacred ritual that gives you insane guitaring skills at the cost of your face.

Seriously though, he probably just wants to live a normal life and not be recognised everywhere he goes.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
slash's tophat anyone? who was that guy who wore a bucket on his head? see were talking about him.

and for those of you who say appearences over music, he probably gets a lot of listeners just because he wears that at first. so no its the other way around
He`s probably black.

hahahahahaha!

I think its to remove the human image because people often just judge the person regardless of his music.
Dancing In Your Dust
I like the fact that he isn't himself on stage, and I have no idea what he looks like.

But damn, can he play well....
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by stephen_rettie
slash's tophat anyone? who was that guy who wore a bucket on his head? see were talking about him.

and for those of you who say appearences over music, he probably gets a lot of listeners just because he wears that at first. so no its the other way around

Yeah but how about the people who say stuff like "He's ***" n' **** just because he wears the damn bucket. I personally heard Jordan before i even saw the dude and it was the song that made me a fan of him.
maybe the bucket is his head? that or hes got stage fright so he created an alterego while eating KFC. David Bowie did it why can't some 7 foot tall bum do it
To the people who seriously think he's Slash (I know most of you are kidding, but believe me I have encountered people who are absolutely convinced he's Slash, so just in case):

Does one man really have time to release four albums in a year, tour solo AND with Velvet Revolver?
Mixture of gimmick and humor.

GeminEdit:
Quote by ChrisIsGawd
warned

racism is lame

There used to be a guy on the forums, I think you would have gotten along with him. He went by a7xownz.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Gemini at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by ChrisIsGawd
buckethead is more than one person

he wears the mask so different people can take over his place
duh
buckethead will live forever

I have a similar theory. You see if his record company decides "Hey you don't want more money!" They can fire him and get another bucket head. Similar to the original set of Power Rangers getting fired because they were never seen and they wanted more money. America was the best thing to happen to Power Ranger's actors.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
I have a similar theory. You see if his record company decides "Hey you don't want more money!" They can fire him and get another bucket head. Similar to the original set of Power Rangers getting fired because they were never seen and they wanted more money. America was the best thing to happen to Power Ranger's actors.

Yeah but
a) no one can play the S*** buckethead does, well playing might be one thing but coming up with songs is another.
b) he could go indy and start his own label
Quote by Dizzy-D
The way he play dude, he doesn't need no gimmicks....

Pfft, I sure as hell wouldn't listen to him if he didn't obviously dress for attention....

Note: Well ****, I don't listen to him anyways!
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2